We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accessible Activities

2 posts
Save Topic
Accessible Activities

Travelling with my mum in October to Denarau 'Island'. She uses a four wheeled frame.

Can you suggest suitable activities or tours that will accomodate her accessibility needs??

Also accompanied by my 12 yr old daughter. Was thinking the steam train, bird park / sanctuary and a island cruise. Can you recommend specific companies? or best to ask at the hotel?

We are staying at Double Tree for 7 nights.

4 replies to this topic
1. Re: Accessible Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 July 2017, 10:07
Edited: 26 July 2017, 10:07

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accessible Activities

Hi Katrina,

Don't mean to alarm you, but are you sure you are booked at Denarau? There are two Hilton Resorts in Fiji, so could be easy to confuse the two. The Double Tree by Hilton is located on Sonaisali Island about a half hour drive from Nadi Airport in the opposite direction from Denarau. The Hilton Beach & Spa Resort is located at Denarau.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Day trips to the outer islands depart from Denarau to the outer islands with South Sea Cruises. Tours and prices on their website. Might be best till you arrive at the resort and check tours/activities at the tour desk at resorts.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accessible Activities

Yep. Stuffed up. Google search sent me down the wrong track. Well I blame that anyway. Not Denarau but Sonaisali.

Have you stayed there recenly?

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accessible Activities

Haven't stayed there.

The reviews could be helpful. You might send a private message to posters with questions you have after reading them.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g61…

Have a wonderful time.

Reply to: Accessible Activities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Denarau Island