We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji how much per day per person?

Korumburra...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fiji how much per day per person?

Just wondering a rough cost is australian dollars for 2 A 2 c ages 11 &2 per day to eat and activities. What budget did others have? Traveling for 14days.

6 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji how much per day per person?

If you are staying on one of the islands then most have meal packages built in.

You may just need to go to the supermarket at Denaru and pick up some snacks before hand.

Book all your boat transfers before you go. The boats pick you up by coach from your hotel and deliver you back after your stay on the islands.

Korumburra...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji how much per day per person?

We already have accom booked at whyndham and transfers are booked thru tropical adventure. It's the food and general activities just wanted to be sure we took enough money. For example did ppl budget $50pp per day? Or more?

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiji how much per day per person?

OK you're talking Fiji Dollars here. The Wyndam is on Denarau and I have just had a look. It is not the most helpful of websites. I think it would probably help if you emailed them and asked. OK with the tours I am not sure about the cost. With meals I would anticipate the need to put away at least $140 FJD per day per adult. Now you will be able to go for a meander along the promenade and find cheaper eateries than in the resort. We stay on a small island and a Champagne Cocktail last time we were there cost around $30.00 FJD. For your kids I would budget for around two thirds of an adult.

To be truthful I would have the money on a Credit Card or Debit Card. Take some cash but the less cash you take the less temptation. My wife and I are fortunate we go to a resort which permits us to pay everything before we arrive so all I have to pay is the grog and incidentals.

If we were taking the kids in your situation I would take $2000.00 in FJD and have at least $5,000 available on the Credit Card.

Don't forget the Wyndham charge a 3% surcharge on Credit Card Transaction and you'll also pay a currency conversion fee on the card as well.

Korumburra...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiji how much per day per person?

Wow thanks that was great info. And yes whyndham web site is not helpful.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiji how much per day per person?

Hi, Wyndham been a self contained resort is ideal for keeping the cost down because you can always self cater using the facilities at the resort. Easy to take what you may need over with you. Items like cereals, bread, spreads and snacks etc. Also there is a cheaper supermarket near the entrance on Denerau that is cheaper than the one at the marina to top up on extras like milk. That should keep your daily meal costs down. Wyndham does have a good daily activities to help keep the kids busy.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
2 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiji how much per day per person?

You can keep costs down by taking kids snacks, museli bars, microwave popcorn etc - but your biggest expense is likely to be drinks. A glass of juice or sprite is $15 Fiji (about A $10). Water $15 each. Don't be tempted to drink the water (we got gastro bug from this).

Food - go next door to Radison Blu to Blu Bar - they do $10 Fijian buffet for kids. This is fantastic value for Fiji (adults eat off main menu though - but the food is good - not cheap!).

If you are not on a budget I'd allow $100 Fji an adult day per person if mainly eating at resorts.

Reply to: Fiji how much per day per person?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted