We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Towels/Transfer

Cardiff
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Towels/Transfer

We are visiting this hotel next week (27/5) and cannot see if the hotel provides towels by the pool or do we need to take our own? Also, the transfer to the hotel, are you dropped straight to the hotel or do you take other passengers to other hotels first? We have been quoted 100 euros for a private transfer - is it worth paying? Any advice would be gratefully received.

8 replies to this topic
Cardiff
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Towels/Transfer

Sorry, should of said we are staying at the Nastro Azzuro.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,248 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Towels/Transfer

You can take the airport bus to Sorrento www.curreriviaggi.it from outside the airport departure terminal, pay driver 10 euro pp.

Sorry can't help with towels.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
895 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Towels/Transfer

Hi, From memory the pool towels are left in your room for you upon arrival at the hotel. Then if you want to change them hand them to the chambermaid who will change them for you ! I think we were first drop off on the transfer bus.We stayed at the Nastro Azzuro last year and loved it so much returning on the 31 st May ! How long are you there for , Im sure you love it ? Cheers, Tel

Cardiff
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Towels/Transfer

Hi terry, thank you for your reply, we arrive on 27th may for 2 weeks, I cannot wait, the reviews are amazing and the staff sound lovely, just hope it lives up to it's reputation. About the transfer, does it take long? Thomson website states 1 hour 40 mins, the private transfer is 1 hour 10 minutes and I hate dropping at other hotels making the journey that much longer!

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
895 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Towels/Transfer

Hi, Have you seen that I sent you a private message. With regards to the transfer time, as I said before , Im sure we were first drop off and in fact I think all the passengers on the coach went to the Nastro . In any case Thomsons Couples guests have priority drop off so you shouldnt be visiting other hotels first . I didnt time the journey so it could have been 1 hour 40 min. , Im not sure ! Once you get out of Naples the scenery is quite interesting and our rep pointed out a few things on the way so it was worth the wait !

Were staying at the hotel for 2 weeks from Friday 31st so Im sure our paths will cross at some stage . Were there with my sister and her husband this time. Believe me the reviews do not lie , this hotel is FAB U LOUS and we cannot wait to get back there. Do go on the free trip into Sorrento with the rep, which I think is the day after you arrive , as you will get your bearings etc ! Anything else you want to know about the Nastro,please feel free to ask. Cheers , Tel

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Sorrento
Sorrento
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Towels/Transfer

Hi we have just got back from Nastro Azzurro and absolutely loved it. Have done a review title Top Notch Nastro which should be up in the next couple of days. We were given pool cards at reception and had to change these for towels but they had run out the next morning so had to wait another day to get 2. We then just changed them at reception as and when needed. You need to then change them back for your pool cards so you don't get charged on checkout. The transfer to the hotel took just over one hour on a Monday evening but we did make a drop off in Sorrento itselt. The transfer back was an absolute nightmare which my review covers. Would I pay 100 euros for a taxi, probably not.

We loved the Nastro and am sure you will too, hope you have a great holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
895 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Towels/Transfer

Thanks for the update re the pool towels,it looks like they have changed the system this year ! As I said I didnt time the transfer but it looks like 1 hr 40min is an over estimate and in any case Thomsons Couples should be first drop off ! Still dont think I would pay 100 euros for a taxi but we have an early morning flight so should still be at the hotel for lunch all being well if we take the coach transfer !

Edited: 22 May 2013, 22:28
Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
895 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Towels/Transfer

Ann, Thanks so much for taking the trouble to do such an in depth review. Were off back to the Nastro with my sister and hubby on Friday and cannot wait ! We loved it sooo much last time and from the reviews this year it sounds like its even better !

Reply to: Towels/Transfer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Piano di Sorrento