We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Tepoztlan

Mexico City, Mexico
1 post
Save Topic
Info on Tepoztlan

Hi! I want to do a day trip from Mexico City to Tepoztlan and want to hike to the pyramids. Do I need a guide to do this? Or, if I want a guide, is easy to find one that day? And how long does that hike take? From what I've read, it takes about an hour to get to Tepoztlan from Mexico City via Metro and bus.

I'm trying to figure out what I'll actually be able to do in the day that I'm there. I'm not fluent in Spanish, but I know enough to get by and I'm savvy on hiking trails if that makes a difference at all.

Thanks!

E LTE Tu Camino a La Aventura
Canyoning & Rappelling Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Climbing Tours, Running Tours
1 reply
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Tepoztlan

Have you done any research on Tepoztlan? Pyramids? As far as we know, there is ONE pyramid that sits on a hill above the town of Tepoztlan but what the heck, we only spent three days there, so what do we know?

Since you don't state what day or time of day you are thinking - how about we place a bet on getting there in one hour from some undefined point in Mexico City? FYI: the primary bus goes to Cuernavaca and then most taxi to Tepoztlan from there.

We enjoyed the heck out of the town/village of Tepoztlan but the pyramid wasn't a primary emphasis for us.

Reply to: Info on Tepoztlan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tepoztlan