We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tepoztlan Trip Report - July 2016

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
98 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Tepoztlan Trip Report - July 2016

Hey everyone! I know this forum isn't very active, and it was somewhat difficult for me to find recent, relevant information about Tepoztlan when I was planning my trip back in July of this year.

I spent 3 nights (2 full days, 1 half day) in Tepoztlan, and wanted to share my experience and insights with other travelers who might be interested in traveling to Tepoztlan, but are having trouble finding recent information about transportation, safety, food, activities, accommodation, and other interesting information.

I put together a comprehensive trip report with 1500+ words and 50+ pictures here: thewanderingblonde.com/2016/…

I HIGHLY recommend visiting - we had a great time, the scenery was stunning, the food was amazing, and the transportation from Mexico City was straightforward. If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer!

Mentioned in this post
Tepoztlan
Tepoztlan
Morelos, Mexico
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
4 replies to this topic
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tepoztlan Trip Report - July 2016

Kelly:

Should you have an opportunity to make a return visit, we would recommend the experience of going there during one of their festivals. Back in February, we decided to visit during their Carnaval:

https://goo.gl/photos/bJKKA7M3hWCPjboi7

https://goo.gl/photos/87iwfqySjETUowQM8

As you can see from the fotos, it was quite the experience. Knowing that it would be quite loud in centro, we did some research and chose to stay at:

https://goo.gl/photos/NzsidaB9HVuHLBPW7

Fairly easy walk up to the plaza and even better a walk down the hill when we were tired. Great hotel and staff!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tepoztlan Trip Report - July 2016

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to prepare such a great report, your pics are amazing! I am also having a little bit of a hard time planning my next trip to MX and Tepoztlan is a place I really want to include on my itinerary, so I have one question: which bus company did you take from DF to Tepoztlan? I can't locate the company, I already checked ADO, Pullmam de Morelos, Primera Plus...

Thank you so much!

Mentioned in this post
Tepoztlan
Tepoztlan
Morelos, Mexico
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tepoztlan Trip Report - July 2016

Why jack with buses and connections when Uber or even the taxis are so reasonable? Even on a busy Sunday morning, we went from our hotel on Reforma to our hotel in Tepoztlan in about an hour and a half. This allowed us plenty of time to catch various activities surrounding Carnaval and have a relaxing lunch to boot.

Mentioned in this post
Tepoztlan
Tepoztlan
Morelos, Mexico
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tepoztlan Trip Report - July 2016

Most people "jack" with buses and connections because they are on a budget and/or they like to travel and see how the people of Mexico live. Peeling off pesos for expensive one and a half hour cab rides is not the way that the locals do it or the way most of us who are touring the country long-term can afford to do. Otherwise, it's good to give multiple options while understanding both those enduring either a budget or time constraint (or both).

Edited: 25 December 2017, 07:31
Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Reply to: Tepoztlan Trip Report - July 2016
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tepoztlan