We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Cape Ann

Gold Coast...
2 posts
Save Topic
Visit to Cape Ann

I am looking forward to spending a week in the Cape Ann area next October visiting Manchester,Gloucester,Essex and Rockport.

I will need to use public transport,bus,train or walk short distances.After much looking on the internet have decided to base myself in Rockport.Which hotels or motels are conveniently locatetd to the town and station?

At the end of the week I need to get back to Boston airport to fly home to Australia.

Is there an end to the tourist season when the shops close up and when does the lobster season end?

I would appreciate any advice or information

Thank you

judymmurray@bigpond.com is my email address.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Ann Motor Inn
Cape Ann Motor Inn
231 Reviews
Gloucester, MA
Gloucester
Gloucester
Cape Ann, MA
Essex
Essex
Cape Ann, MA
Rockport
Rockport
Cape Ann, MA
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Whale Watching Tour in Gloucester
668 Reviews
from US$38.00*
Free Cancellation
The Best of Gloucester Tour
2 Reviews
from US$29.00*
Free Cancellation
The Art of Cape Ann
4 Reviews
from US$35.00*
Free Cancellation
2 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
19,970 posts
634 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Cape Ann

If you go to Google Maps and look at Rockport you can click the Nearby button and chose Hotels to see them all on a map. Or you can click the Hotels link on the top menu on this page and get lots of info about hotels there.

Lobster is available year-round

Here's a link to the Cape Ann Transit Authority to help you in getting around: http://www.canntran.com/

www.mbta.com will show you the commuter train schedule from Boston (North Station) to Rockport and Gloucester. You'll have to take a couple of modes of transit to get from the airport to North Station.

Mentioned in this post
Rockport
Rockport
Cape Ann, MA
Cape Ann Motor Inn
Cape Ann Motor Inn
231 Reviews
Gloucester, MA
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Gloucester
Gloucester
Cape Ann, MA
Gold Coast...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Cape Ann

Thank you for the information,still learning about what I can find on the insternet.

Reply to: Visit to Cape Ann
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape Ann