We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Valle de Anton Day Tours

Arlington...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
El Valle de Anton Day Tours

Do you have any recommendations for a day-tour of the El Valle de Anton region? We'd like to see the Lover's Falls and get some swimming in. We'd also like to see flora, fauna, etc.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
El Valle de Anton
El Valle de Anton
Cocle Province, Panama
Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: El Valle de Anton Day Tours

My favorite places in El Vale are the thermal baths, mostly just to pick up some mud, El Chorollo Macho for the zip lines (not too hairy) and swimming in the pools under the waterfalls. The hotel called Lourdes is a really nice place for a great lunch. They have a snack bar, but try the dining room for a more refined meal.This hotel has a different name, but it escapes me right now. Great view of the mountains.

Arlington...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: El Valle de Anton Day Tours

Are you recommending that we tour El Valle without a guide? I'd love to know a respectable tour guide who wouldn't be too expensive.

Deborah

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: El Valle de Anton Day Tours

For sure on your own. The town is not that big. If you're renting a car, you can easily do it all in one day, and even more. If you take the bus out from PC and hire a taxi in town you might be a little rushed but could still hit some of the more popular spots and still have a great day. .PM me for more information about guides.

toronto
Level Contributor
21 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Valle de Anton Day Tours

I did El Valle on my own - it was amazing. Depending on where you're staying, just rent a car and go. Once in town, you can find a local to take you wherever you'd like to go and for next to nothing. I liked it because you're not on anyone elses watch but your own. Locals also know all the best restaurants etc for lunch.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Valle de Anton Day Tours

If you want to hike to the Lover's Falls, you might want to hire a local guide. It's not a difficult hike, but it might be a bit complicated for you to find your way there, especially if you don't speak Spanish. If you do, it should be all good!

A friend of mine does day trips to El Valle and takes people hiking to those falls you want to visit. It isn't particularly cheap, but if you want the info, send me a PM.

Chiriqui Province...
Level Contributor
331 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Valle de Anton Day Tours

Where is the lovers falls located ? Could you tell me the directions from the market place ?

7. Re: El Valle de Anton Day Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 November 2015, 07:35
8. Re: El Valle de Anton Day Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2016, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about El Valle de Anton