We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best waterfall for small children

A L
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best waterfall for small children

Hello. I'm going to El Valle next month with my husband and our 2-year old daughter. We will be traveling throughout Panama and decided not to bring the bulky backpack baby carrier, so we won't be able to do any "strenuous" hiking as my daughter will be walking or carried in arms. Which waterfalls might still be accessible to us?

2 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,064 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best waterfall for small children

There are two that are easily accessible. One is at Piedra Pintada (Painted Rock) where you'll see an ancient indian pictoglyph that the local kids will explain to you in Spanish for a quarter. It's fun because you'll pay a quarter for a new story every time you visit. Anyway, the waterfall is just beyond the rock. The trail from the rock to the waterfall is rocky, but it's short.

The other waterfall is El Macho -- a little ways up the road from Piedra Pintada. Charged admission, but easy access.

You might also consider the hot spring/mud bath. The pools are shallow. Kids love it because the water and mud are warm, not really hot.

Edited: 29 July 2015, 10:42
A L
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best waterfall for small children

Thank you very much for the information! Do both waterfalls allow swimming?

Reply to: Best waterfall for small children
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Valle de Anton