We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport between Salerno and Atrani and back

Reykjavik, Iceland
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transport between Salerno and Atrani and back

Hi,

I'll be traveling with my friend from Rome to Atrani on October 21st. We're going to stay in Atrani for four nights. We plan on taking the train from Rome to Salerno and the bus from Salerno to Atrani. On October 25th we plan on leaving Atrani through Salerno to either Naples or Rome, where we will fly to Sicily.

My question is regarding the transport between Salerno and Atrani. Where should we buy the bus tickets? In an old forum post on TripAdvisor it says: "Buy a ticket from travel agency inside train station foyer in Salerno train station. Take a SITA bus from outside the train station."

Can anyone tell me if that information is correct? Can we buy bus tickets for our way back from Atrani to Salerno in Atrani or do we need to buy them in Salerno on October 21st?

Also, if you have any other better ways to get to and from Atrani, feel free to let me know!

Kind regards,

María

Edited: 29 September 2015, 06:31
5 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport between Salerno and Atrani and back

Ask for a Unico Campania Tourist ticket at the news stand in Salerno train station.

Trains Rome to Salerno www.trenitalia.com www.italotreno.it Click on the Italian flag for current train schedules.

Bus 5120 timetable Salerno to Atrani www.sitasudtrasporti.it enter region "Campania" and click on Orari for bus times.

www.amalficoastweb.com

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,472 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport between Salerno and Atrani and back

You can also take a ferry from Salerno to Amalfi, then a short walk or taxi to Atrani.

Reykjavik, Iceland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport between Salerno and Atrani and back

Hi!

Thank you so much guys!

Kind regards,

María

Edited: 30 September 2015, 02:08
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport between Salerno and Atrani and back

Hi Maria!

What did you end up doing for your transportation between Salerno and Atrani? I am currently trying to decjde between taking the SITA bus, ferry + taxi, or splurging on a private transfer. I would love to know how your trip went!

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,472 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport between Salerno and Atrani and back

Stellar, it is an easy 10 minute walk from the train station to the ferry dock in Salerno. The ferry ride is 30 minutes to Amalfi. When you get to Amalfi, the taxi stand is in the area with all the buses right at the end of the pier. Very easy.

Reply to: Transport between Salerno and Atrani and back
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Atrani
More Atrani Topics