We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

internet in Amalfi coast area

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Topic
internet in Amalfi coast area

will Amalfi coast have internet in most places or just wifi. I need to do some business and need internet

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,443 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: internet in Amalfi coast area

Sorry - what's the difference between "internet" and "wifi"? You will find wifi in most places (lodgings and many restaurants) and then you can connect to the internet.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: internet in Amalfi coast area

if you google it it will tell you they are not the same. if you just need to check an email wifi will be okay. if you need to do any work you will need the internet. I have asked at different apartments I am trying to rent and they just say wifi

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,504 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: internet in Amalfi coast area

Wifi is fine for using the Internet for just about anything except maybe streaming video.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,443 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: internet in Amalfi coast area

I always work when I am there and wifi has kept me connected for everything I need and use on the internet -

Anyway - good luck.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: internet in Amalfi coast area

Hmmm, I'm away right now, and have done some work from the location I'm in. I've used Wifi. Not really sure what the difference is. You use wifi to connect to the Internet. Maybe elaborate what you mean

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,443 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: internet in Amalfi coast area

I have also used wifi when there for streaming video- so, I think the most essential issue is the strength of the wifi; I have stayed a few places where it was weak and slow but not much over the past five years -

I am not googling the info as it is not a concern for me but the OP can just check with each lodging to confirm they have what is needed.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: internet in Amalfi coast area

I too am researching internet - specifically for the city of Maiori this summer. While I have not been able to determine how fast/how much data is available the town does offer free wifi to all: ""Maiori WI-FI gratis e per tutti" (Maiori WI-FI free and for anyone) is the newest initiative of the town of Maiori that allows to everyone, both residents and tourists, to connect to internet service at no cost and in complete comfort. In fact a part of the territory of the town is covered by wireless internet connection.

In order to use this service, you have only to withdraw the wireless internet access card at the Municipality of the town or at the Local Tourist Office, providing a copy of a valid identity document."

I am also looking into getting my Iphone 6s hooked up with a TIM card that allows for 4G service up to 1 GB a day for about 80 bucks or so for the month. I will set my phone up as a hotspot and have secure internet that way. What I have not been able to figure out is if Maiori has 4G and if its reliable. Ill repost if I figure it out. Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this! thanks

8. Re: internet in Amalfi coast area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2017, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Atrani
More Atrani Topics