We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Sorrento to Atrani late in the afternoon

Norah Head...
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Sorrento to Atrani late in the afternoon

I was hoping to catch a ferry from Sorrento to Amalfi say around 4 to 5pm, but there only appears to be ferries running 4 times a day, and not at the time. My husband and I will be travelling in June, so was wondering if more services are available then. Otherwise I guess we will have to catch a bus to Amalfi, and then another bus to Atrani.

7 replies to this topic
Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Sorrento to Atrani late in the afternoon

Hi

You could also try the Coast To Coast Coach to Amalfi. It costs 10 euros there and 6 back, guaranteed a seat.

sorrento.city-sightseeing.it/eng/percorsi.htm

It's quite a nice walk to Atrani from Amalfi. There is a short cut tunnel, Walk up the hill slightly and there is a nice, usually quiet piazza on the left, and as you enter it you will see the tunnel on the right. It's too far to walk with suitcases but very pleasant once you get out of the tunnel.

Eddie

Norah Head...
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Sorrento to Atrani late in the afternoon

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for this info. The timetable would suit our needs and it looks like it would provide a scenic trip. We will have 2 suitcases, 1 medium and 1 large one, is there any problems with them being stored on the bus?

Jenny

Norah Head...
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Sorrento to Atrani late in the afternoon

Hi Eddie,

I just sent an email to the bus coy re our baggage, so they should answer my request.

We are so looking forward to our stay in Atrani.

Thanks again.

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Sorrento to Atrani late in the afternoon

Hi

I emailed them a while ago and they confirmed that you can take a suitcase on the coach.

Eddie

Norah Head...
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Sorrento to Atrani late in the afternoon

Hi,

I just received an email, and they said we could take a suitcase on board if it would fit under the seat. I have a large suitcase, so I don't think it would be possible for us to travel on it. If we have to take a Sita Bus I hope they can let us on board with a suitcase. I contacted a shuttle bus coy too, and am waiting on them for a quote.

The sightseeing bus, looked like it would be good fun and provide a scenic journey.

Regards,Jenny

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Sorrento to Atrani late in the afternoon

Hi Jenny

This is the reply I got and it doesn't mention anything about putting it under a seat. If there is a spare seat you may be able to put it there even if it means paying extra.

We confirm that you can bring your suitcase on board.

Kind regards,

Patrizio, Sightseeing Experience Staff

If you want to be safe rather than sorry, these two private drivers are highly recommended. Or maybe your hotel could help?

http://www.transferelax.com/our-services.html

sorrentocars.com/en/…ugo-vinaccia

Eddie

Edited: 26 April 2016, 20:34
Norah Head...
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from Sorrento to Atrani late in the afternoon

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for all your help. Yeah I don't mind paying the extra for the seat. Maybe I will email them again.

Regards,

Jenny

Reply to: Travelling from Sorrento to Atrani late in the afternoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Atrani
More Atrani Topics