We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfortable Beds

Barry South Wales UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Comfortable Beds

We have visited Alvor 6 times in the last few years. We always rent an apartment but we have found that the beds are a bit hit and miss comfort wise, more have been uncomfortable than comfortable and I have ended up sleeping on the sofa a few times to be able to get some sleep. Does anyone know of any rental apartments with good comfortable beds?

7 replies to this topic
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfortable Beds

Hi, We've not had an issue staying at Prainha in the past but its bit further out.

A few times we have gone to Primark to buy toppers when staying at other places like Alto fairways!

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfortable Beds

Oh comfortable beds a nightmare to find, interesting post, I'm sure applies all,over not just Alvor. Some great apts. but beds like rocks. Usually we are just out for a week as soon as home in bed, a sigh of relief.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
12 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfortable Beds

I understand you're looking for an apartment but if you ever consider staying in a hotel I would recommend Pestana Dom Joao II in Alvor, we've stayed here a few times and found the beds very comfortable. I hope thats helpful :)

Barry South Wales UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfortable Beds

Where is Primark or are you talking about before you go? I think toppers are a brilliant idea.

Barry South Wales UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfortable Beds

We cannot really stay in a hotel as my adult son comes with us and he has autism so needs his own room but cannot be away from us so we really need communal areas such as living room, kitchen etc.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfortable Beds

Primark mentioned in post is in Portimao, can get a bus from Alvor, but as very light take one with you, you will probably use it.

Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comfortable Beds

We had a lovely private let in Vila Da Praia ground floor with an extremely comfy king size bed. Can’t remember which one it was but had lots of fab reviews but it will most certainly be booked for the whole of 2018 by now. Look at the reviews of where you fancy.

Reply to: Comfortable Beds
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations