We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Lamezia airport to acquappesa

Blackburn, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Transport from Lamezia airport to acquappesa

I emailed the hotel and they are charging €110 Euros for transport from the airport to the hotel making it €220 for the round trip after my holiday.

Would anyone know if there are buses at the airport that may take me there

Otherwise my holiday is going to be expensive

1 reply
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
819 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Lamezia airport to acquappesa

Hi! No direct buses (Acquappesa is just a small village), but the train transfer is quite easy.

You have to reach the "Lamezia Terme Centrale" train station (it's a main station): five mns taxi from the airport, or - even cheaper - by a quite frequent bus:

…lameziamultiservizi.it/wordpress/wp-content…

Then, a northbound train journey up to "Guardia Piemontese Terme" station, 4-5 Kms south of Acquappesa, where probably your hotel will be willing to catch you for a much lower figure.

Please insert the two above quoted train stations into

http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

to see the trains' times.

Typically, an intermediate, easy train change in "Paola" station is required. One way journey fare, 4,60 to 10,80 euros each, depending on the kind of train you will catch.

Just buy your ticket(s) when arriving in "Lamezia Terme Centrale" station, validate your ticket(s) at provided machines into the station before boarding.

There is also a train station just in "Acquappesa" village, but very few trains stop here. You can peruse the "Trenitalia" website (see above), in the event that a train is available just at the time that suits you.

Edited: 24 June 2016, 05:19
Reply to: Transport from Lamezia airport to acquappesa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acquappesa