We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bucerias

Escanaba, Michigan
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bucerias

We are staying at the riu puerta vallarta in march.wondering how far of walk down beach to get to bucerias or should we take bus,taxi,which is best and fastest.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,720 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bucerias

No real direct bus to Bucerias, you would have to transfer.

Taxi should be about 80 pesos and around 10 minutes or so.

I have never walked that far but I think others have mentioned about 45 minutes to an hour.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,736 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bucerias

Sherri.. this Map might help. : http://vallarta-info.com/bucerias.html

Bob. is correct.. No. direct bus. and taxi is about right. Also Walk time is correct. depends on the beach or roadway.

What Riu are you going to.?

Joy

Escanaba, Michigan
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bucerias

We are staying at riu puerta vallarta.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
777 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bucerias

http://vallarta-info.com/bucerias.html - link from jolee, above in post #2 - should it work? won't for me.

Quesnel, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bucerias

We walked from Bucerias to the Riu last year. It is a bit of a hike but we loved the stroll. Depends on if you are just going for a walk or need to get to Bucerias for a reason. If you like walking and have no real agenda, I would say walk, enjoy the town and the take a taxi back.

Modesto, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: bucerias

Our family is traveling to La Cruz next week (first vacation to Mexico!). We were advised to rent a car, however the recommended car rental agencies are booked. We are left with Dollar Rent a Car and Alamo. I'm wondering if we can forego the car entirely and rely on the taxi service while in La Cruz. Does anyone have any recommendations? We are staying in a vacation rental home near the Marina. I'm wondering if we can walk to most places in La Cruz. Also, does anyone have suggestions on fun family excursions during our stay?

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bucerias

Guess it depends where you are going and what you want to do? Walking is fine within La Cruz. If you have never been before learning to drive would be a concern to me, Taxi and buses would be what I use. We have been going for years and spend months at a time in the area and have no use for a car when we are there.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
954 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bucerias

agree with Mark, we never use a car.. buses and taxi for what we do.

usually a bus the first way and taxi back.

Buses are fun and cheapest taxi is faster and will get you right to your door and may be easier after tequila tastings or not. We still consider a taxi not that expensive (when compared to home)

whatever you choose make it a fun day stay safe

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
805 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bucerias

We've been going to the area for years and I still don't want the stress of driving. We take the bus or taxi, or walk. Easy and inexpensive.

Toronto Ontario
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bucerias

We are in La Cruz now, 4 families in a vacation rental home. You won't need a rental car unless you are planning many outings in different places. Here are some prices to let you know what you'll be looking at.

A 12 passenger van from the airport was $95 US booked in advance with Vallarta Discovery; the return trip to the airport which you can book at the taxi stand in town: 11 passenger van is 600 pesos, regular cab is 300. To do a big grocery shopping we take the bus to the Mega just past Bucerias for 10 pesos per person, then take a cab back for 120 pesos. There are lots of small grocery stores in La Cruz for picking up a few things.You can walk everywhere in La Cruz easily so won't need a cab while you are there. One piece of advice: make sure you know exactly where your vacation home is, not just the street address and the name of the house. We arrived on 2 different flights and both of us had drivers who did not know the town, had no map or GPS, and the street signs are rather hidden.