We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair cabin luggage

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ryanair cabin luggage

Hi all ,has any one experienced any problems with Ryanair new cabin luggage policy ? TIA

24 replies to this topic
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair cabin luggage

Not due to start till next week so unlikely but seems unless you buy priority boarding and you have two bags the larger one will be put in the hold free of charge

South West England...
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair cabin luggage

If that's. Correct it sounds good to me. Fed up with people taking more than their fair share of space with too many or too big bags.

Coventry, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair cabin luggage

Hi I travel with Ryanair all the time and I understand that this new policy will not cause any problems apparantly the first 90 people in the queue with hand luggage only will have their luggage with them on board any after that will be carried in the hold free of charge. Collect when land from the carasol, if have a transfer booked they will wait for you :-)

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
140 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair cabin luggage

We have just travelled to caleta with Ryanair with no problems. We had cabin luggage only and reserved seats. Seems like a way of getting extra money off passengers. As far as I could see no one was asked to put cabin luggage in the hold.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair cabin luggage

Priority boarding is apparently only to be available to the first 90 people who book it (with the new system starting 15 January) and reading the info it seems that in future it will be irrelevant where you are in the queue, if you do not purchase priority you will not be allowed to take two bags on board your larger bag will be put in the hold (free of charge), only passengers with pre purchased priority boarding will be allowed to take two bags on board

Edited: 11 January 2018, 02:02
Prestatyn, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair cabin luggage

Returned yesterday and everyone without priority boarding was told hand luggage must be put in the hold. .Was informed at check in we we could pay at desk if really needed.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair cabin luggage

Their email says

"You're entitled to bring 1 small personal bag (35cm x 20cm x 20cm) on board which must fit under the seat in front of you. If you want to bring 2 cabin bags on board you must add Priority & 2 Cabin Bags. If you arrive at the gate with 2 cabin bags, and you haven't purchased Priority & 2 Cabin Bags, your second bag will be taken off you and put in the hold free of charge."

Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair cabin luggage

Not a problem at the airport in fuerteventura as the luggage arrives up pretty sharp,bigger problem back in Dublin where it can take an age for it to arrive

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,915 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair cabin luggage

Bit annoying as although we have a suitcase each pre-paid and also pre-booked seats, partner carries a small cabin-sized case and I carry a small rucksack/hold-all for things like carrying our money, passports, wallets, tablets/ipads, phones etc. We also carry a spare top. jeans, and socks etc incase we get to the airport and find our cases have not arrived. Always handy to carry a few spares, just incase so I feel it's a bit unfair. Thankfully we'll have no such problems going out to Fuerteventura as we are using Jet2, coming back will be a bit of a pain with Ryanair.

Mentioned in this post
Fuerteventura
Fuerteventura
Canary Islands, Spain
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
487 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair cabin luggage

It’s just typical Ryanair! I wouldn’t fly with them again ever!

Reply to: Ryanair cabin luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted