We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool

R K
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool

Hello.

We have previously stayed at this hotel and enjoyed some of the food on offer at there alacarte snack bar, next to the all inclusive snack bar inside the hotel.

We are thinking of paying it a visit for some lunch/drinks and just wondered if anyone can tell me would we be able to use the pool/sunbeds as non hotel residents if purchasing food/drinks?

Thanks.

10 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool

Some places in Caleta will let you do this but I don’t think the Barcelo would allow you to use the facilities like that but it might be possible to purchase a day pass to use the Thalasso spa facilities.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool

No, you can’t.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool

Ive been in in the evening and watched the acts whilst having a drink. Not sure about the pool though

R K
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool

Thanks very much for all your replies.

We are staying in Caleta for 5 nights in total, but we are only at barcelo for 3 of the 5 nights. So was hoping we could find a loop hole for the day time. Haha.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool

If that is the case then some people would just keep their wristbands on for the extra two days. lol

R K
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool

Haha, your right.

We are staying at Puerto Caleta for the first 2 nights of our holiday and then barcelo for the other 3 nights. Otherwise I would use that idea lol.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Caleta
Puerto Caleta
535 Reviews
Fuerteventura, Spain
Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool

That's a bit unfair on the people who have paid their money and use the AI properly :(

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool

Ref7 Years ago when I used to stay on the complex regularly people used to come and go all of the time and many of them from other complexes. But this was before the big refit and the security fencing being installed.

Ref6 The pool at Puerto Caleta is perfectly ok I have used it many times over the years.

In the past I have spoken to people staying in Puerto Caleta who were also using the small pool at the Barceló behind the La Perlita Café without any problems, but maybe they were just lucky.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Caleta
Puerto Caleta
535 Reviews
Fuerteventura, Spain
R K
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool

Thanks again for all thyour replies.

I’m not trying to take anything away from the all inc people. I just thought if we spent our day paying for drinks around the pool and purchased food in the snack bar then we may be entitled to using the pool area.

We can always head to the beach :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool

Beach is good and free as well lol. The pool at Puerto Caleta IMHO was far better when the pool bar was the Lord Nelson.

Reply to: Barcelo Thalasso hotel pool
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted