We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel closure in caleta de fuste

WIRRAL
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
hotel closure in caleta de fuste

HI FOLKS, We have been informed by our holiday company O T B that our hotel the GERANIOUS HOTEL AND SPA have closed all or part of the hotel in march 2018, we have Barceló beach resort as replacement so not all bad, , we were due there on 7-14 march 2018 ,anybody else heard of such closures,

cheers ARCHIE.

7 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel closure in caleta de fuste

First that I have heard maybe others will comment.

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
7,027 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel closure in caleta de fuste

The Geranios Hotel has closed this month for refurbishment.

London, England...
Level Contributor
507 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel closure in caleta de fuste

Lucky you. We stayed at the geranios suits a couple of years ago and the rooms were good and location. And spa. But food was awful and the bar resembled a transport cafe. Weather it’s like it still I don’t know but we wouldn’t go back.

Scotland
Level Contributor
106 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel closure in caleta de fuste

Hi archie, we were due to go to the same hotel next week, but got a note from our TA a couple of months ago to say that the hotel was no longer available and we had the option to cancel with full refund or go to Barcelo which is what we did. I think they must be doing a refurbishment.

WIRRAL
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel closure in caleta de fuste

HI ALL, Thanks for replies regarding the GERANIOUS hotel the barcelo will be ok even if its the bungalows next to the main hotel.

ARCHIE

Dublin
Level Contributor
517 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel closure in caleta de fuste

We are due to stay here in May. Anyone know what dates refurbishment runs to and what are they doing?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel closure in caleta de fuste

The Geranios' own website has online chat. I'm due to go 4th April and wanted reassurance that the renovations will be completed by then. The hotel would not confirm and were very evasive, simply repeating that the hotel is shut now. Having said that the hotel is still taking bookings for April so fingers crossed!

Reply to: hotel closure in caleta de fuste
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste