We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental Caleta

Oslo, Norway
11 posts
Save Topic
Car rental Caleta

Heading to Caleta de Fuste third week of February and whilst we are not looking to rent a car for the entire week, we might want to rent one for a day or two depending on weather and mood. Is it OK to just turn up at an agency on the day, or is it advisable to book ahead?

Any of the car rentals in Caleta that should be preferred, or avoided?

4 replies to this topic
Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
7,012 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental Caleta

Use CICAR or Hertz - both have rental offices in Caleta. You can rent for 1 or more days - just turn up and book one. There are other companies who have offices in Caleta too.

Oslo, Norway
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental Caleta

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear! So there's no risk of everything being booked out at that time?

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental Caleta

I think you would get a better rate if you book in advance (online) Car hire is very cheap on the island. I always book for a week, that way I don't have the expense of transfers to and from the airport. Cannot stress enough avoid Goldcar and Orlando. Cicar and Herz are in Caleta but you may find Cicar the cheapest

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental Caleta

I think you would get a better rate if you book in advance (online) Car hire is very cheap on the island. I always book for a week, that way I don't have the expense of transfers to and from the airport. Cannot stress enough avoid Goldcar and Orlando. Cicar and Herz are in Caleta but you may find Cicar the cheapest

Reply to: Car rental Caleta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste