We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to traveling south with teens

Kingston, Canada
4 posts
New to traveling south with teens
Save

Our family is traveling south for the first time. We were looking at Florida and the Caribbean islands. After being shocked by the prices in the Caribbean, we are now looking at Mexico. Any suggestions of a resort that is newer or updated that would keep teens interested (ages 13 and 16) while not being too crazy or rowdy of a place? We plan on doing some lounging and tanning but would also like to keep them interested. Would also like calmer ocean waters if possible. Are some areas safer? Is it safe to go on some excursions? - considering all the crime in the area lately. I am interested in the Maya Riviera area but open to suggestions! I really would like to spoil them as we hardly ever travel. Thank you in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
7,189 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: New to traveling south with teens
Save

100% the Barcelo complex,. Splurge on the Palace if you can swing it. It is by far my kids fave and that includes many more expensive properties. No shortage of activities, but some will cost you extra (zip lining, bowling, etc). Howeve they absolutely love it.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
2. Re: New to traveling south with teens
Save

Lots of things to see and do in the area and yes, it is safe. You can rent a car, hire a driver, take a tour or do it yourself. There are adventure parks, caves, cenotes, ruins, a biosphere....

Kingston, Canada
4 posts
3. Re: New to traveling south with teens
Save

Hi thanks for your reply! What did everyone love about the Barcelona resort?

Some reviews said the slides weren’t working so unsure if they still are.

I personally prefer peace and relaxation. I think the teens are hoping for some quiet and some fun.

Edited: 26 January 2023, 02:28
4. Re: New to traveling south with teens

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Reply to: New to traveling south with teens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.