We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lost camera at iberostar maya

NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
lost camera at iberostar maya

the last day of our trip i left my camera on the table at the buffet near the beach in the iberostar maya--i know i left it there- because i had taken a last pic of my kids before the battery died--my baby started crying and instead of loading it in the stroller i put it on the table-walked away went to the room to pack and left. when i call them they are so unhelpful. they just say to email them the information and they will get back to me--it is so annoying i know exactly where i sat our waiters name and everything--i guess someone picked it up and i will never see it again--it had all my pics on the memory card--it so ruined my vacation. anyone ever have luck with the security there?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,080 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lost camera at iberostar maya

Wait a minute. Security did not make you leave the camera. The hotel did not make you leave the camera. The bet you can do is hope that an honest person turned it into the hotel and you contact them about it.

Otherwise it is gone.

You can leave a sticky with your contact info on it but this was an unfortunate mistake on your part and possibly a dishonest person who did not turn it in to the hotel.

Northern US
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lost camera at iberostar maya

I'm in agreement with Co Pilot on this. I'm not sure what you expect security to do other than check to see if someone turned it into lost and found. I'd email the details like they asked and hope that an honest person found it and turned it into the resort. If so, you can arrange to have them ship it to you. (at your cost of course)

I hope that you have wonderful memories from your vacation that aren't ruined by a lost memory card and camera. Good luck.

3. Re: lost camera at iberostar maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 15:20