We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which one help! Grand Sirenis, Viva Maya, or Ocean Turquesa

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
which one help! Grand Sirenis, Viva Maya, or Ocean Turquesa

It's Dec 21 and want to leave Dec. 27 or Dec. 28. These are the hotels in my price range. We are in mid 50's and do like our creature comforts. I know Viva Maya is close to PDC which I kinda of like. Stayed at the Royal PDC last Mar. but out of my price range this year. We are going for 2 weeks. Help. Does anyone know if we book at one of these can we upgrade when we get there. Sorry for being long-winded but I left it too long. Thanks for all the help.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which one help! Grand Sirenis, Viva Maya, or Ocean Turquesa

Hi Supernurse. We stayed at the Viva Wyndham Maya in February, and we loved it. It is close to Playa. The only suggestion I would have is to bring your own soap. Theirs are tiny bars, and cheap as well. Other than that, we were more than happy. We also are in our 50's. I liked the casual atmosphere. I am not one who likes getting dressed up. In November we stayed at the Catalonia Yucation/ Riviera Maya. The price was the same, and we loved it as well. It was further from Playa, but they offered a free bus, both ways twice per day. Have a wonderful holiday!!!

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which one help! Grand Sirenis, Viva Maya, or Ocean Turquesa

Have you checked the http://www.belairtravel.com/ web-site for the hotel-only bookings. They have some nice prices on hotels. Also chect with the WestJetvacations at 1-877-737-7001

and Air transat if they have any flgihts on these dates.It might save you a lot of money comp. to the complete package. Out of the 3 you have listed - Grand Sirenis, Viva Maya, or Ocean Turquesa - I pick Viva Maya as they have a swimmable beach - it is important for me although some of the other ones might have a better food.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which one help! Grand Sirenis, Viva Maya, or Ocean Turquesa

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I will check out Belair travel. Talk about leaving it to the wire.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which one help! Grand Sirenis, Viva Maya, or Ocean Turquesa

Hello there, I've stayed at all three. I'm in your age group and if you like your "creature comforts" (like me!)...Viva Maya would be my last choice. I've also stayed at RPDC. Rooms at Grand Sirenis and Ocean Coral/Turquesa are much more comfortable, with more amenities. For me, food, drink and entertainment was also better. I thought the beach at GS was very picturesque and Ocean Turquesa has a long stretch for strolling on. Viva Maya IS a lot closer to Playa Del Carmen......Merry Xmas! Margaret

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which one help! Grand Sirenis, Viva Maya, or Ocean Turquesa

Thanks Margaret and everyone. Do you know if you can upgrade at either Ocean Turquesa or Grand Sirenis once you get there? Also how far a cab ride is it? Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

6. Re: which one help! Grand Sirenis, Viva Maya, or Ocean Turquesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 15:18