We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos

dorset
Level Contributor
277 posts
171 reviews
Mosquitos

Hi all, only 5 sleeps until we go! Just wondered if anyone who is out there now can tell me if there are many mosquitoes about? I hadn’t been bothered before last year, when in Playa Blanca (in early March) I had so many bites I had to go to the doctors! Apparently it was unusual and due to a mini heatwave (it was in the 30s)

I am a mosquito magnet but one of the reasons we holiday in the Canaries is because I don’t usually get bitten. Bizarrely in Kefalonia last June I didn’t have a single mosquito bite....but got stung by a bee!!

If there are any about I will buy repellant!

Thanks all

Edited: 11 March 2018, 19:23
27 replies to this topic
Kingston upon Hull...
Level Contributor
630 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Mosquitos

citterella candles work well if you have mozzies , buy from the range , cheap candle shops etc etc

dorset
Level Contributor
277 posts
171 reviews
2. Re: Mosquitos

Thanks, I have got some of the plug in things for the room. As we are travelling hand luggage only I can’t take too much. Just hoping there aren’t many about. I looked like I had measles last time and had bites on my nose that went “funny”. Not many holiday snaps of me last year!!

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
173 reviews
3. Re: Mosquitos

Skin so soft original dry oil spray by Avon, have heard reports about this, so purchased in preparation for next trip. Hope it works time will tell. Will have plug in and anything else think will help. Pesky wee nasties.

Suffolk UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Mosquitos

Eat loads garlic plus drink large amounts of gin & tonic.always works for me.😃

Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Mosquitos

Avon skin so soft is really good,in Majorca two years ago mosquitoes was a big problem .I only got 1 bite usually they feast on me!

Scotland
Level Contributor
39 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Mosquitos

Got back from Puerto del Carmen on Saturday and didn't see any mosquitoes during our week there.

dorset
Level Contributor
277 posts
171 reviews
7. Re: Mosquitos

TruRu99 I will take up your gin and tonic suggestion, I like the idea its for medicinal purposes 😂😂 thank you all for your suggestions, let’s hope there aren’t many about

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
78 reviews
8. Re: Mosquitos

Ah lucky you Kevsue!

Wish it was me, could do with a wee holiday....

The mossies are not too bad in CT, I can honestly say it is one place I havent had a problem with the blighters,

I take a bottle of Lavender spray with me, this helps (Boots sell it)

have a great time

dorset
Level Contributor
277 posts
171 reviews
9. Re: Mosquitos

Thanks you sunbabe, only 2 sleeps now 😁😁

London, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: Mosquitos

Taking vitamin B helps and doesn't do you any harm. Apparently the mozzies don't like some smell it creates. One of my sons is so allergic to bites, comes up like golf balls, that I pack piriton and give him a daily tablet just in case. I also take Athisan cream which does the trick if you do get bit.

Reply to: Mosquitos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise
Recent Conversations
More Costa Teguise Topics