We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Georgetown

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
283 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Georgetown

Hello,

What is approx cost of a taxi from airport to Georgetown? Best to book or is there a taxi stand?

6 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Georgetown

if you have a look on the right hand side of this page you will find answer under .... taxi fare from airport

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
12,277 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Georgetown

Do not book an expensive hotel taxi in advance. There are always plenty of the airport white taxis so you won’t have to wait. I put all the information including the cost in the article, but in case you’re using a smartphone and can’t access it it’s RM44.70.You can even use Grab or Uber if you’ve downloaded the Apps.

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Georgetown

Do Uber/Grab cars have a separate pick up area at the Penang airport? It would be so confusing to find your Uber when all the taxis are around too.

Sorry, I don't mean to Hijack the questions! I'm curious about getting to Georgetown as well :)

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
12,277 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Georgetown

They will contact you to tell you where they will pick you up from. Sometimes upstairs at departure drop off, sometimes downstairs at one of the doors.

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Georgetown

please use grab dowbload.it.from playstore.dont.not.use.red color.taxi they will overcharge the fare

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Georgetown

Thanks everyone. Ill try grab

Reply to: Airport to Georgetown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted