We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star Cruises "Libra"

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Star Cruises "Libra"

Thankyou everyone for your help with Penang.

My husband and I are going on a 3 night cruise from Penang on the Superstar Libra. Has anyone done this and could you tell me what the dress code is? Thanks.

West Union, Iowa
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

Did you have to pay extra fees that were not published? Can you get off the ship in Krabi or Phuket without any additional fees?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
9 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

Anyone drove to Penang and parked at the Star Cruises Terminal?

Would like to check the parking charges - will be parking there when going for 4D3N cruise on Libra. And, are there ample parking spaces available?

Thanks

Malaysia
Level Contributor
839 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

LL721,

The carpark at Lebuh Light, next to the Padang Kota Lama Food Court /Fort Cornwallis charges MYR49 for the 4D3N. It is easy to spot the open space carpark from the Clock tower and round-about. Plenty of parking space.

Ami

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
9 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

Thanks, Ami for the info!

Shah Alam, Malaysia
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

Can advise whether this cruise suitable for a 2 yr old toddler? Me n my hubby will go for this cruise trip but still hesitate whether want to bring our son along or not. Kindly help n urgently needed advise. Thank you.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

Hi,

Just came back from a 4D/3N cruise to Krabi/Phuket from Penang. We had taken our 1 year baby and was absolutely fine. Just a couple of things you might want to keep in mind. Extra 240 MYR per person (even for the baby) is chargeable as Thai visa fees, (this was told just while we were boarding!) very expensive and not advertised nor mentioned by the travel agent (as even he wasn't aware about it). Help for luggage not given by the staff, even if you are in their super class cabin, which we were. On board amenities and activities quite a few for everyone. Mostly people opt for on shore excursion (which again charged by Superstar Libra) or you are free to do your own thing while on shore (also known as free n easy).

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

I am going for the same next Novmber and appreciate any further feedback from people who experienced LIBRA.

Regards

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

I can add to my above post:

Food options are good. They have various buffet options, Chinese, continental, Indian. Formal attire was required for their gala dinner for one night-included in the rates. However, they are very particular about the timings. So, if you're late for breakfast, well, they close at 9.30am/10am (be sure to check their itinerary). Stay for us was decently comfortable in the junior suite with a 1 year old baby.They have a lot of activities on board for pretty much every age group. Sightseeing...Krabi-booked package through their inhouse operator. Not much sightseeing as the journey to James Bond island to and fro takes majority of time. As for the place, well personally just one word-hyped with hawkers plying souvenirs and crowded. Phuket-we went sightseeing by ourselves. Plan beforehand what you need to do within 12 hours.Suggest get a visa for Thailand before you set sail as it can be money and time consuming when you arrive for check in. If there is anything specific, post it and I will reply.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

thank you "numumofbaby" for the your reply..

I am planing to go explore KRABI and PHUKET myself without the cruise excursions. This way I have greater flexability.

About the james bond island tour.. Do we go for it from Krabi ?? I though it starts from Phuket !!

About the Gala dinner.. what is so special about it? is it just a dinner with crew? or is it like a prty and show?

Last.. regarding the food.. did they offer a good VEG menu ? I guess they do considering the many Vegetarian/Vegans clients they have.

Thanks again for your participation :)

Shah Alam, Malaysia
2 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Star Cruises "Libra"

Thank you so much for your information numumofbaby..

U mean v need to pay extra upon checking in for Thailand Visa? I guess i should drop Star Cruise an e-mail regarding this matter.To have a clearer information before boarding.