We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legiland to Genting Highlands

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Legiland to Genting Highlands

Hi. Whats the best way/ride going to genting highlands from Legoland?? Or from Legoland to KL Sentral? Can someone enumerate options to commute going at GH..? Thankyou, thank you

Cheers 💋

9 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Legiland to Genting Highlands

*Legoland

Singapore
Level Contributor
358 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legiland to Genting Highlands

You can refer to this booking website for the coach companies that run the Johor Bahru-Genting route.

busonlineticket.com/bus-from-johor-bahru-to-…

Hail a Grab/Uber/taxi that takes you from Legoland to the pickup point. (Larkin bus terminal might be the most centralised boarding point.)

Mentioned in this post
Johor Bahru
Johor Bahru
Johor Bahru District, Malaysia
Genting Hotel Jurong
Genting Hotel Jurong
394 Reviews
Jurong, Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Legiland to Genting Highlands

Thanks panda-vic! I'll will add that to my itinerary. Hope theres a lot ways to help us on out trip

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legiland to Genting Highlands

Airasia - fly to KL then take a direct bus

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Legiland to Genting Highlands

Hi Rain, is the train or bus cheaper? And you mean from genting to KL? Or singa to KL?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,571 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Legiland to Genting Highlands

You also have another thread:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g66…

As you are already aware from the other thread, the theme parks at Genting are closed at the moment.

Legoland is not in KL, it is in Johor Bahru (JB) just across the border from Singapore. JB is about 4 hours away from KL, and Genting is another 1.5 hours from KL.

There is a bus running from Legoland to Swiss Garden Hotel on Jalan Pudu in KL:

https:/…

Just opposite Swiss Garden Hotel is the Pudu Sentral bus station, where you can get a Genting Express bus to Genting. However, you can't do both on the same day as the bus from Legoland would arrive too late for the bus to Genting.

What Rainman suggested is take a flight from JB to KL (look at AirAsia). You can get a direct bus from KLIA2 to Genting.

There is no train to Genting Highlands. The train from Singapore or JB to KL takes longer than other forms of transportation and involves multiple transfers, I'm afraid it doesn't fit in your itinerary.

Mentioned in this post
Legoland Malaysia
Legoland Malaysia
5,190 Reviews
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Johor Bahru
Johor Bahru
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Genting Hotel Jurong
Genting Hotel Jurong
394 Reviews
Jurong, Singapore
Genting Highlands
Genting Highlands
Pahang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Legiland to Genting Highlands

Great suggestion josh 😉 Well said inputs! Im just confuse about the Legoland arriving late..? Does it mean we should depart early from singapore going to legoland? Coz were planning to go early in the morning then spend like 2-3hrs there and go directly to KL for city tour. Were planning to stay at pacific express hotel. Is possible for us? What public transpo can you recommend? (Most likely the cheaper one 😉)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,571 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Legiland to Genting Highlands

I was assuming you are going to spend a whole day at Legoland and then take a bus to KL after that. The bus I suggested leaves Legoland at 6.30pm and reaches KL around 10.30-11.30pm, too late to get another bus to Genting.

I think you are confused with the distances involved and underestimating the time required for your trip. Legoland opens at 10am, you spend 2-3 hours there and leave at 1pm. Then proceed to Larkin bus terminal to get a bus to KL. There is a Causeway Link Express bus and a Transnasional bus departing at 2.30pm (not too sure about the other operators):

easybook.com/en-my/bus/booking/johorbahrujbl…

The bus trip from Johor Bahru to KL takes about 4-5 hours and by the time you reach TBS bus station in KL it'll be around 6.30-7.30pm, which may be too late for a city tour.

Pacific Express Hotel is in the Central Market/Chinatown area and walking distance from Plaza Rakyat LRT station (take the LRT from TBS at Bandar Tasik Selatan) and Pudu Sentral bus station (which has buses to Genting).

If you have not booked Pacific Express, you can do as Ddayrncm suggested in the other thread, stay the night in JB instead and take a direct bus to Genting the next morning.

Edited: 11 August 2017, 13:18
Mentioned in this post
Johor Bahru
Johor Bahru
Pacific Express Hotel
Pacific Express Hotel
666 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply