We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolates in hand baggage

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chocolates in hand baggage

Can we take chocolates in hand baggage? It is roughly about 5 kg. Or should it be only in checkin baggage?

2 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,905 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolates in hand baggage

Do you mean you want to bring 5 kilos of chocolate from India to Malaysia? Chocolate is available there you know.

I don't know whether or not there are any restrictions but unless you put it in a cooler container in your checked luggage, it would melt and be a horrible mess at the end of your journey.

Mentioned in this post
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolates in hand baggage

I have taken chocolates from Australia to Malaysia and several other Asian countries many times (30 times or more), inside checked baggage. Never had any problem and they were always in excellent condition when I reached my destinations. It is not possible to melt during the flight as luggage storage areas in the plane are at sub zero temperatures (like inside a freezer). If bags are over exposed to sunlight before and after the flight there is a possibility of melting of chocolates.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Chocolates in hand baggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted