We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First World hotel

S G
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
489 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
First World hotel

I'm looking at booking into the First World hotel for a weekend visit to Genting and I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me their experience with the check in and how likely it is that you can get the "extras" such as a mountain view that it isn't possible to book in advance. I'd really like to get a good view so I don't mind paying a little extra, but I don't like not knowing until I arrive whether I'm able to get a room like I want. Any advice from people who've been there before?

4 replies to this topic
Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First World hotel

You have to request at check in and depending on the reception mood you will get a view room.

Check in takes a long time normally but not sure if it's crowded when you will go.

malaysia
Level Contributor
309 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First World hotel

Last year I checked in First World Hotel via a machine at lobby. There is option to pay for mountain view and early check in for a fee ($10).

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First World hotel

Irene C is correct.

You may use the check-in kiosk to choose the various options available. There are Hotel staff that is available to assist your booking. You would also need to pay the tourism tax of RM10 via the same kiosk

Singapore
Level Contributor
374 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First World hotel

From the check-in kiosk, you can obtain your room key & make the following selection:

i) Bed type (Queen or Twin) - no extra charge;

ii) Early check-in - RM5 (free if you are a Genting Gold cardmember)

iii) Connecting room, room near lift or mountain view - RM5.

iv) Non-smoking room - approach the Counter (Counter 7 onwards) at no extra charge.

The charges are listed in Genting website. https:/…

If you approach the Counter to check in (obtain your room key) - pay RM15

Reply to: First World hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted