We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mugged walking home

Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
23 helpful votes
Mugged walking home
Save

Just arrived back home after a great week in PDC. Spoilt by getting mugged on last night. I've left last bar on strip about 11.30 and made my way home to Morana apartments I'm not exactly sure where it happened Id had a good drink. I passed 3 teenagers sat on a wall. Next thing I know I was tripped from behind. Next thing all 3 have jumped on top of me then run off. No injuries but they took my phone, watch and wedding ring.

I went to police next day but they didn't have a translator available while the afternoon and I was leaving for the airport before then.

Id always thought it was safe in PDC. I've heard about this sort of thing happening in Benidorm or Tenerife but not here

11 replies to this topic
Kirkby-in-Ashfield...
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
121 reviews
114 helpful votes
1. Re: Mugged walking home
Save

Wow,I'm in PDC now.I know the apts you mention,near Bucanneer.I have been coming to PDC for many years and have never had a problem but will keep a look out now.I almost got robbed in PDLA,Tenerife a few years ago,late evening,so no-where is 100% safe.Happy Trails,xx.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
524 posts
129 reviews
73 helpful votes
2. Re: Mugged walking home
Save

A terrible thing to read. Fortunately you are unhurt. Opportunistic thugs, targeting the vulnerable.

But when the stars or planets align, things happen. Not always for the best. Glad you are OK, sorry for your misfortune.

Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
23 helpful votes
3. Re: Mugged walking home
Save

Yes it could have been so much worse

Washington, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Mugged walking home
Save

Obviously the main thing is your physically OK, but have you lost much in monetary terms ?

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
524 posts
129 reviews
73 helpful votes
5. Re: Mugged walking home
Save

“wedding ring”…. I think I would actually cry. I can’t imagine how that would make me feel.

Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
23 helpful votes
6. Re: Mugged walking home
Save

Samsung S21 only 3 months old £600 wedding ring not sure wife won't tell me but I'm guessing £400 and watch less than £100

Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
23 helpful votes
7. Re: Mugged walking home
Save

I'd not noticed the wedding ring. I was sort of checking my body for any scars/wounds and noticed my wedding finger slightly swelled and grazed. I felt sick

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
122 reviews
87 helpful votes
8. Re: Mugged walking home
Save

So sorry, this is horrible. Am sure you are still shaken by this incident. I had my bag snatched in Majorca and I still feel nervous around crowds, keeping an across body bag firmly clutched against me. Losing things of value sentimental or otherwise is bad enough but is the loss of confidence that is hard to replace. Go easy on yourself.

X

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
524 posts
129 reviews
73 helpful votes
9. Re: Mugged walking home
Save

I don’t think you can value it once it’s been given/exchanged. It becomes a priceless symbol of such deep meaning.

I feel dreadful on your behalf, unable to comprehend how I’d feel in your place. It’s truly horrid.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
122 reviews
90 helpful votes
10. Re: Mugged walking home
Save

So sorry to hear about this Mainly H

I am glad you are ok and hope it doesn't deter you from visiting again

Happy Holidays

Danny

Edited: 24 January 2023, 20:21
Reply to: Mugged walking home
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen
More Puerto Del Carmen Topics
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.