We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourists Cards

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Tourists Cards

I read a great info in Dominican news the other day, the president announced that as of January 1,2018 the fee for tourist cards will be included in the flight prices. My guess is you will be handed out the card before your arrival as some airlines did already. I believe all Canadian airlines did it, if not all them moct. So if you are planning a trips to Dominican republic after December 31, 2017, do not purchase the cards online!

Denise

6 replies to this topic
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourists Cards

Great news!

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
60 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourists Cards

Thanks Denise

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourists Cards

We are coming in January so do we still need to buy a card since it was probably not included in our airline pricing? I guess I'm confused if the tourist card waiver only applies if the ticket was purchased after the waiver goes into effect or if those who bought tickets before are also waived?

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourists Cards

Whoever arrives after January 1st 2018 doesn't have to purchase the tourist card. So if I was you, I wouldn't buy anything online ahead of time. If for whatever reasons the airline doesn't give you the cards before landing and the airport guys ask for it on the airport, then you will purchase it there. Easy like that.

Denise

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
660 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourists Cards

Hi, I am flying on the 19th of January with sunwing ( trip paid in full) I purchased my tourist card before the announcement. I called sunwing and they still said I have to pay for my card because it was not included in the price I paid. Oh well I guess I will have to wait and see when I fly out.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourists Cards

If I was you I wouldn't buy it in advance. Just wait and see what happens at the airport. Or maybe they will collect the money on the plane and give you the card just before landing, who knows. Just have 10 USD per person ready.

Denise

Reply to: Tourists Cards
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted