We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DLR Preferred Club room suggestion

Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
DLR Preferred Club room suggestion

My family of 4 will be staying at DLR in April and we're booked for a Preferred Club Garden View room. I would like to put in a room request at some point before we go. I definitely want a top floor room but not sure which building would be best. We want a room that will be a bit quiet at night (not too close to the nightly entertainment) yet not too far from everything either. It seems building 7 would be the quietest but also the furthest. Is building 5 a good choice? Thanks!!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,056 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DLR Preferred Club room suggestion

Request Preferred Club pool facing building 5. It's a minute and a half closer to everything than building 7, but avoids facing over the main pool where nightly entertainment may on occasion go until 11 p.m. (rarely, but it can). If you would be out at the entertainment, it won't be an issue. Noise usually starts in the morning by about 10, but I was pool and beachside for a week in February and heard morning laughter and music on one morning only (I don't know why).

Kaki

Sheffield, england
Level Contributor
413 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DLR Preferred Club room suggestion

I would suggest building 7 pool facing if you like it quiet, we have stopped in this block twice it's quiet and you also get a lovely view, we had a 1 nigh t stay in block 5 (delayed flight) and we were in a room facing the Preffered pool & block 7, we found the room quiet noisy with people on the hallways, never had this in block 7, I may have just been unlucky. It is a fantastic hotel you will have a great holiday and the Preffered club is great.

Sheffield, england
Level Contributor
413 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DLR Preferred Club room suggestion

Forgot to say we will also be their on the 24 April for 16 nights

norfolk ma
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DLR Preferred Club room suggestion

Hi Kaki

From all your posts I think you are the person to ask. Your always so helpful. We are traveling to dreams from April 19 to the 26th. There are going to be 6 adults. We are 3 sisters with our husbands. I was going to request bldg 4 as we have decided not to go preferred but we want the most updated rooms. Howevever in saying that we also don't want to hear a ton of noise at night. Doesn't have to be perfectly quiet. We also want to have our rooms next to each other on the highest floor. Are we making the correct room request or would you suggest something different

As always, looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Kaki

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,056 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DLR Preferred Club room suggestion

Penny, if you want the newest rooms and aren't going the Preferred Club route, then building 4 is your best choice. I would request the garden facing rooms on the other side of the building from the pool if you want to avoid the noise. You may still get some, since when the show is on on the pool deck it is on the side closest to building 4 but the speakers face away from the building so that may mitigate it a bit. There are no walls to the building so noise will come into the block through the stairwells and then you'd only have the door between you and the outside. As said before, it will all be over by 11 on the nights that it goes late, by 10 or 10:30 for a regular show night. The evening entertainment is held in the theatre on some nights and when there's bad weather, or the beach on occasion. Sometimes when they do step aerobics on the pooldeck the music will feel loud to those not participating, but they hold them on the beach and at the a la carte restaurants sometimes too, so again, come 4 p.m. you don't need to fear it everyday. If you're on the beach, at the pools, or on excursion, obviously it won't affect you at all. You say that the day isn't a problem for you though, so that's good.

You can request rooms that are close together and they should be able to accommodate you to some extent. Some rooms have a connecting door so you may want that in particular or not. In many cases the connecting rooms are a room with 2 beds next to a room with a king bed for family use. Even if you don't have a connecting door that may be the situation so then if you all want king beds, you may have every other room. Just so you know in case you feel that your request wasn't honoured when you aren't placed side by side. If side by side is more important than your each having a king bed, let them know that. You can contact Kerry Consentino via the DLR Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DreamsLaRomana to place your room requests. It sounds like a great time! I love it when your family are your friends!

Kaki

norfolk ma
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DLR Preferred Club room suggestion

Hi kaki

Thank you so much once again! I did not know about the king size beds being every other room so that is great to know. We usually go to the show at night di that won't be a problem either. Now if you could only come on vacation with us and show us around that would be great! Lol!

Thanks again. We are so excited and I will definitely contact Kerry

Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: DLR Preferred Club room suggestion

Thank you Kaki and Dawnie for your input! I will most likely request a pool-facing bldg 5 room just so we can be a litttttle bit closer to everything. 39 days to go, but who's counting? ;)

Sheffield, england
Level Contributor
413 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DLR Preferred Club room suggestion

I,m sure you will have a great holiday wherever you room is - we are 56 days and counting x

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,056 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DLR Preferred Club room suggestion

triplej, you're gonna need to give a bit more in your room request! Both sides of building 5 face a pool so almost all of the rooms are pool facing, but may not be the pool you want to overlook. The options are the Preferred Club pool, or the main pool. Check it out here: …webshots.com/photo/2803758300064234328ePlNDN To see more detail, including the numbers of all the sites, click on "Full size" in the top right hand corner.

Kaki

Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: DLR Preferred Club room suggestion

Good point! Will have to specify the PC pool for sure. Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Bayahibe