We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Sofitel Hotel Ideal?

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
75 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Is Sofitel Hotel Ideal?

We are thinking of staying at the Sofitel Hotel for our upcoming trip to Macau. Is it the hotel location within walk ing distance to ie.Senado Square, Ruins of St Paul, Lisboa Hotel? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,824 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Sofitel Hotel Ideal?

Sofitel is certainly the closest 4/5* hotel to Senado Square: under 10 minutes level walk. In the opposite direction, maybe 3 minutes further away, you also have the two Lisboa hotels or the Grand Emperor. That said, Sofitel does get consistently better reviews than the other 3.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,345 posts
5,582 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Sofitel Hotel Ideal?

Might be worth looking into the Wynn Hotel as well. Its across from the two Lisboa Hotels, in the 4/5 star range and takes high reviews on TA.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g664891-d604846…

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Sofitel Hotel Ideal?

Hi c_ronal7, yes yes. Go for it.

Can walk lah.

Have walked from here,when staying here, to AMa temple, then to Lilau Sq,then just continue walking until I come back to San Ma Lo.

There is a shuttle bus of Venetian plying from a pier close to Sofitel.

Exit out, turn left, is also aplenty of Thai restaurants- you know lah- suddenly our Malaysian taste bud wants something spicy.

Then close by you have Litoral, A Lorcha restaurants,and diagonally across as you look right from the hotel, is a shop,where I told the man(he looks like Stanley Ho) serving cooling herbal drinks.

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
75 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Sofitel Hotel Ideal?

Hi Guys, appreciate your help and the quick replies. Guess I will book the Sofitel Hotel for my stay in Macau. Cheers.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,563 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Sofitel Hotel Ideal?

I feel the hotel sofitel is not in the center of things. It is sort of like swiss garden off jalan pudu. True its a 10min walk to Jalan Alor, and a further 10 min walk to sungei wang...

There are other hotels where the location is more central. It boils down to your budget and tastes. I would prefer grand lisboa area if I wanted somewhere central.

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
75 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Sofitel Hotel Ideal?

I was considering Presidente Hotel, Gran Waldo until I read the Sofitel Hotel review. Ya, the Grand Waldo is not centrally located, Presidente reviews were mixed. Thanks guys.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Sofitel Hotel Ideal?

Good choice with Sofitel.

Given the size of Macau, and good public transport,with flat fare- Sofitel is a better choice in comparison to Presidente or Grand Waldo.

For the fun of it, why not just enrol and be their A member.

And if you are adventurous enough, do not follow the main road walking to Senado Square, just wonder in to narrow lanes,after studying a map for orientation, you will discover little shops and eateries(even one serving good chee cheong fun- grey bricked exterior facade building) and you will enjoy Macau more. Across the river is already Zhuhai.

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
75 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Sofitel Hotel Ideal?

Hi, mKiaratravel

Will surely try walking the alleys as advise, get to see more of macau anyway. Believe it's quite safe in Macau too. Thank you so much ah. haha.

9. Re: Is Sofitel Hotel Ideal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:18