My husband and I will be visiting Hk at the end of March. We plan to do a day trip to Macau during the week. I have read up a bit of things to do and what to see on the forum. Below is my rough itinery - would greatly appreciate any help or idea to refine it.
Ferry from HK to Macau - aim to arrive in Macau 10am
Please advise how we can get to A-ma temple from the ferry terminal (would the casino buses go there??)
1) A-Ma temple - (how long would it take to walk to Senado square- assuming we would not stop for too long at other sites along the way).
3)St Domingo church
4)walk along Rue Felicidade - look around the shops and sample local snacks (is there a place we can get pork chop buns in this area).
5)Ruins of st Paul
6)Head to Cotal strip (Please advise how to get there)
Aiming to see Venetian and Wynn
- Gondolo ride - does anyone know how much this costs - is it worth it
- the bubble - is this free - I read somewhere that we would need to get ''free'' tickets in advance - how do I go about getting these
- Dragon's Treasure at City of Dreams
- Performance Lake front of Wynn Macau.
- Tree of Prosperity enter Wynn Macau
- The house of dancing water (would like to do this but will need to see if I can work it into my budget)
- are there any other FREE shows that I have left off here :-)
Please may you also advise on the approximate timings of the first half of my itinery before we head off to the Cotai strip - am I doing too much or could I squeeze in another site to see. Is all of that part of my itinery easy to do on foot???
I would also like to go somewhere with authentic mancanese/portuguese style food for dinner. After reading a few reviews I was thinking of going to a restaurant called Henri's Gallery (They apparently have very good African chicken - sounds yummy) - But i'm not sure if this is a bit out of the way as We will be in the cotai strip in the evening - so am unsure how to fit this in - or how to get there. Can anyone recommend a similar type restaurant in the casino area - I am not to keen to eat at the Hotels as from previous experience of hotels they are over priced and not very authentic.
finally we would catch the hotel bus back to the ferry terminal.
One question I have on the Hk-Macau ferry is - if I buy a return ticket would I need to book a specific time for my return journey or would this be an 'anytime' ticket. It doesn't mention this on the ferry website.
I would greatly appreciate any advise you are able to give me on the timing and content of my intinery. Apologies in advance - i know I asked wayyyyy to many questions :-)