We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bougainvillea beach hotel

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
205 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Bougainvillea beach hotel

We have booked a Deluxe one bed suite, November, 18 nights. That's a long time, so I would like to get the best possible room & location.

Can anyone tell me if any of the Deluxe suites are newer? Are they all in the same wing?

When we walked around the resort quite a few years ago, it was quite small, so I think they must have expanded?

Any room advice welcome.

7 replies to this topic
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bougainvillea beach hotel

The deluxe suites, as far as I understand, are in the newer part of the hotel. We normally stay in a junior suite and they are next to the deluxe suites.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bougainvillea beach hotel

The West part of the hotel is undergoing renovation due to complete by November 30

Rhone-Alpes, France
Level Contributor
612 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bougainvillea beach hotel

The old Sand Acres hotel/resort has been incorporated into Bougainvilea, it's shown on their web site. It consists of studios and one bedroom suites, maybe it wasn't part of Bougainvillea when you visited. We stayed at Sand Acres many years ago and when we returned to Barbados in 2007 I tried to find it but nobody seemed to have heard of it! Then a couple of years later I discovered it was part of Bougainvillea and now it is actually called Sand Acres under the accommodation section of the Bougainvillea web site. It's possible you may be in one of those suites especially if the renovations to the west part of the hotel aren't finished. They would have lovely sea views. It is of course right next to Bougainvillea. The Sand Acres part is on the east side and is shown on the video on the Bougainvillea web site. Have a great holiday.

4. Re: Bougainvillea beach hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2017, 22:38

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bougainvillea beach hotel

My personal preference is the older Sand Acres side. Great views and slightly removed from the cluster of the newer building. It just felt a little more private. It doesn't have the newer feel but I was OK with the trade off.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,837 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bougainvillea beach hotel

Wonder why someone is answering a post from March 2017? It's a first time poster.

Rhone-Alpes, France
Level Contributor
612 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bougainvillea beach hotel

Oops - didn't notice it was an old question.

Reply to: Bougainvillea beach hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Maxwell