We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price for Wiskey

Scotland, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
Price for Wiskey

Coming down next month. First time visitor, will definitely get a bottle of single malt at the airport. But that will only last for a few days. Will have to slum with a blended after that. Now much is Scotch or Irish down there and where is the best place to purchase.

27 replies to this topic
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,912 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Price for Wiskey

Check this site but alcohol except for Rum is expensive. You might want to get something before you fly or at duty free on the way down.

http://www.wineworldinc.com/

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Price for Wiskey

Don, I love a good whiskey but try an aged rum like Mt. Gay extra old, either straight up or on the rocks. Really a no-brainer for those of us that drink both. It converted me.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
156 reviews
3. Re: Price for Wiskey

Oh Don. You come from Scotland (ok in Canada) and cant spell Whisky. I know the rest of the world can’t spell it either but if you want the best it has no E.

As has been said, best buying in duty free before you fly but ‘when in Rome’ I am a Mount Gay man. Eclipse with ginger beer or straight XO.

Edited: 06 February 2018, 02:03
Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Price for Wiskey

I just assumed he knew how to spell whiskey but he started early and the spelling became less important.

Scotland, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Price for Wiskey

Sorry did forget that Fn H. Been to dependent on spell check. With my mother being an English teacher from Langcaster,I should know better. Will make sure my spelling and grammar are up to snuff from now on. Now then, back to the whiskey thing. Love Scotch, Tequila and Vodka, I quess with all those loves I never had the chance to give Rum a go. Did enjoy a rum punch when we eloped in Jamaica ( at least that’s what she told me the next morning). Will definitely try a dram or two!

TTFN

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
156 reviews
6. Re: Price for Wiskey

Just having a bit of fun and wasn't worried about the missing H. There ain't no e in Scotch Whisky! Or Canadian Club for that matter!

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
67 reviews
7. Re: Price for Wiskey

Don, you can't go wrong with the punch. It's everywhere, it's good and it's cheap. For something a little stronger try Mt. Gay, or any rum, on the rocks with a splash of coconut rum.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
67 reviews
8. Re: Price for Wiskey

You can't go wrong with rum mixed with more rum, or straight up rum. Forget the Wiskey.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
156 reviews
9. Re: Price for Wiskey

Agree with Richard but not only can't he spell Whisky, he can't spell his name. Maybe rum punch isn't a good idea after all😋.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,603 posts
72 reviews
10. Re: Price for Wiskey

Beware ! Rum Punch can be THE MOST LETHAL drink on the Island You think it’s moorish and fruity and tasty ——-then you wake up the next day without a clue about how you got home. If indeed you did !!!

I learned years ago and don’t touch the stuff .

Reply to: Price for Wiskey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Maxwell