We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
994 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Booked a holiday with Virgin at Bougainvillea two weeks in September. Learned from an email this morning of 'my changes' - I had changed nothing! On enquiring apparently Bougainvillea will be under construction during the time I was to be there - 6 to 20 September. So Virgin have moved us to Ocean Two. More annoyed that we weren't told anything - just the email telling us we had made a change! We have never been anywhere else except Bougainvillea over the past 10 years. Is this move a better one or can anyone recommend any other hotels where I can maybe look at and get them to change?

Thanks

57 replies to this topic
Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Oceans Two is in a great location and more accessible to bars/restaurants than Bougainvillea. I guess it depends what type of room they have moved you to as I have seen it noted on here that the ocean view suites are best, but I am sure someone who has stayed there can advise and will be along shortly

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

P.S. That is very naughty of VH just changing you without notification. I would have hoped for a call or email at least!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

We are due to stay at Bougainvillea in Oct so was quite alarmed when read your post. We booked with BA holidays but have had nothing from them. I have now emailed the hotel direct. Do you know the extent of the work involved? Is the hotel to be closed?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
994 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Thanks everyone.

Kirimist - we were in a junior suite at Bougainvillea and now in a one bedroom oceanfront room. They say it's an upgrade. My problem is I liked the ambience of the Bougainvillea and their beach is the best in Barbados! Yes - very naughty of them and I told the guy on the phone. Oh he said - you should have received an email before the one you received. Still waiting for it.

Gregory VII - I was told the extent of the work will be the main hotel pool, one of the wings and the Lanterns restaurant will be closed. Virgin said the noise and disruption will be too much. We stayed there three years ago in October when they were upgrading the other restaurant and the noise was ridiculous. Checked Bouganvillea website and they have no available rooms from sometime in August to about 6 October and the renovations must be the reasons. Hopefully your holiday is past the October date! But of course you need to be sure they will be finished everything by then.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

I have just had a response from the hotel who have assured me the hotel will be fully reopened by 6th October 2017 (we arrive on the 10th) so no we should have no disruptions. This is the first time we have visited in October for a few years (last twice it has been March). I also called BA who were helpful but advised they knew nothing disruption to October bookings but alluded that they knew Sept was an issue. Fingers crossed it will all be as advised but now that i am aware I will monitor the situation until we go. I would normally be concerned but this year there are 10 in the party hence the reason for October. Hey ho.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,251 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Gemini16

I think you will quite like the one bedroom Ocean Front at Ocean Two and the much superior location.

Have a wonderful trip.

Regards

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Nothing wrong with Boug but Ocean 2 is a much better place to stay and you are within walking distance of many bars and eateries.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
908 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

BGIWorldTraveller...not sure why you say that the Oceans Two is in a much superior location! Surely that depends on the individual.

We stayed at Bougainvillea, but we still went to The Gap quite a few times during our holiday, it wasn't far away at all. Granted there are no bars etc., on your doorstep at BBR, but that is why we chose it. It was ideal for what we wanted. A beautiful beach to get married on, and a relaxing, convivial atmosphere in the hotel.

We had relatives who flew out to attend the wedding, and they stayed on The Gap, and I must admit they said they wished they had booked our hotel. So as I said, it is all down to the taste of the individual in the end.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Jill L - I agree. We like BBR and it's location. I would not want to stay in the Gap. It's horses for courses.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Oh wow we are staying in August and have received no info re:this from letsgo2. So worried now. Looked it up online and it appears rennovations will take place on our dates too

Reply to: Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap
Recent Conversations