We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
994 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Booked a holiday with Virgin at Bougainvillea two weeks in September. Learned from an email this morning of 'my changes' - I had changed nothing! On enquiring apparently Bougainvillea will be under construction during the time I was to be there - 6 to 20 September. So Virgin have moved us to Ocean Two. More annoyed that we weren't told anything - just the email telling us we had made a change! We have never been anywhere else except Bougainvillea over the past 10 years. Is this move a better one or can anyone recommend any other hotels where I can maybe look at and get them to change?

Thanks

57 replies to this topic
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,950 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Maybe this is a reason to Book Hotel and Flights separately in future? - if one of them goes wrong you would still be able to have some "options" to make alternative arrangements

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Agreed ASO but by booking "package" holidays they get discounts on the air and hotel. We have also been caught like this and as a result I stopped using a TA (in the 90s), do my own booking and book my flight and condo/hotel separately and *always* pay using credit card when I can.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Hi all, luckily we will get all our money back! I do feel a bit protected by the agent though as I imagine if I had booked the hotel separately I wouldn't have got a refund, although I have learnt though and could book on CC. Looking at coming next May once the flights are out, looking at palm beach condos or similar next time! Thanks everyone for the advice.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

You will love Palm Beach Condo, Holetowns. Perfect location, very comfortable, nicely furnished. Book through Irene at Relaxing Retreats or VRBO, AirBnB or Homeaway. Also make sure you have the proper travel insurance in place. Good luck.

kent
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Hi we to are going in October on the 18th and have heard nothing so presume all wil be ok !

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,950 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

UPDATE - see post #14 link below

Have heard from hotel today and they have advised building work will now be ongoing until 28th October and not the 6th as previously advised.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147262…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
994 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Bougainvillea Beach Resort

An update on this loooong debate about which started as Bougainvillea refurb but which metaphorphed into something else 😀 Just got back from Barbados. BBR is nowhere near ready and some windows overlooking the ocean were boarded up. No sign of anyone at all even on the east side of the hotel. Beach not being kept nice either and looked slightly washed away in places. However in saying that hurricane Maria made a slight appearance on the day we walked down the beach so it was very wet and very windy so imagine anywhere wouldn't look great under those conditions. Sandals - also no-one around except a few brave souls 'cloud bathing'. I see BBR is now saying they will be open end October but when we saw it, to us this looked unlikely. Ocean2 was very nice as it turned out but you could place it anywhere in the world as it didn't have the 'bajan' feel of BBR. The staff were absolutely amazing though and I will be putting on a review of the hotel. Hope everyone booked into BBR managed to get themselves sorted out in the end.

Reply to: Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap
Recent Conversations