We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boxing day, what's open??

Sea Girt, NJ
Level Contributor
53 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Boxing day, what's open??

HI Everyone,

I wanted to know what would be open on Boxing day. We arrive on the 25th and have secured a dinner reservation. (yay!) But, I forgot the next day is Boxing day. Ugh! What's open? Restaurants? Grocery stores? Liquor stores?

Thanks

Marnie

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boxing day, what's open??

Hi Marnie

We have arrived on Boxing Day for the last few years, and have always found somewhere local (to Accra Beach) to eat. I know Just Grillin is always closed, but last year we ate at Cheffette BBQ barn. I believe Champers is open, and I'm sure many of the other eateries must be!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boxing day, what's open??

marnie

No supermarkets will be open and neither will liquor stores. However, most petrol stations will be open and many have all the basic necessities you would need. Many restaurants are also open. Do note that this year, December 25th, 26 and 27th are all holidays in Barbados as a result of Christmas falling on the weekend. unfortunately, the first shopping day will be December 28th, 2011 so you'll have to stick to the Shell/Sol Select Stores.

All hotels on the South Coast will have their restaurants open where you can dine.

Regards

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boxing day, what's open??

Harlequin confirmed they were open on Christmas Day so i'm sure they will be open on Boxing Day if that fits. Hilton Hotel has menu's on its website for the christmas period.

Sea Girt, NJ
Level Contributor
53 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boxing day, what's open??

Hi footychick,

We have reservations for Christmas at Harlequins. I will check into the Hilton Hotel.

Marnie

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
367 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boxing day, what's open??

Champers is open Dec. 26th, I was there last year, Many restaurants are open on Dec. 26th. Most of the stores are closed.

6. Re: Boxing day, what's open??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:41
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap
Recent Conversations