We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spas Bars and local Eats in Chaweng area

gold coast australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
spas Bars and local Eats in Chaweng area

Can I have some recommended ones near Centara in the Chaweng area please Also any good bars in the area that may have live music /good atmosphere and local eating places I have always tried my TA suggestions and been more than happy 1st timer in Samui thanks again

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spas Bars and local Eats in Chaweng area

Hi

For day spa you are in for treat. The Centara grand own spa is excellent. Highly recommend package of massage, facial, body exfoliated and body mask.

For bars and food I would let the others to chime in. What we normally do is/was just stroll along the beach or stroll on main Chaweng beach road.

Good luck

gold coast australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spas Bars and local Eats in Chaweng area

thanks sweetpea and I think I get a discount there as well also looking for just your local one for a daily foot massage fix

cheers

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spas Bars and local Eats in Chaweng area

For foot massage there are plenty of them on Chaweng beach road. I think the one the other regulars rave about it called " my friends"

While you're on the beach don't miss out on beach vendor food. There will be lady with carry baskets selling corns, sticky rice, grilled chicken, fish with somtam ( papaya salad). The lady will come around lunch time.

Enjoy :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,807 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spas Bars and local Eats in Chaweng area

The beach ladies are great for food - cheap and tasty.

We love the bar directly opposite the main entrance to the CG, Happy Night Bar, welcoming and well priced. The same family also own the One More Bar which is opposite the Samui Paradise, not really walkable, but a nice place to chill out and they have great Thai food there.

I always use 'My Friends' massage, the ladies all wear orange and I have never had a bad massage, pedicure etc there.

There are lots of restaurants and bar is you turn left or right out of the main entrance. Several times a week there is a little street market opposite the staff entrance to the CG.

You have to go more into the centre to Chaweng to find live music. Zirco has live performers several nights a week and is just before the little street market opposite the staff entrance. The Duke [opposite Kings Garden hotel] is popular and has a band most nights, plus several other bars have 'music' on various nights in the centre. A songtheaw into the centre will cost around 50-100tbh a person, and it is worth it for a visit to a ladyboy show like Starz, or a meal at one of the nicer restaurants Central Festival Mall. There are restaurants everywhere, but many we use don't have names . . .

Enjoy!

gold coast australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: spas Bars and local Eats in Chaweng area

thanks travelling mitch great info so the My friends spa is in the main street and Central festival I gather is more in the centre of town? we are happy to use songtheaw's are the taxi's metered? or negotiate before we go anywhere

cheers

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,807 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: spas Bars and local Eats in Chaweng area

Out of the Centaras main exit, turn right and 20m is My Friends.

I don't know if I would call the Central Festival more the centre of town, as there isn't really a centre nor a town, its just a long street!! With hotel and shops along it. The busy bit of Chaweng is another 10mins walk north from Central Festival, when you get to the building site for Hooters, Bondi Bar, Solo bar etc.

You could walk to Central Festival in 15or so minutes, whilst a songtheaw will take 5mins and cost 50thb a person. The taxis are metered but the drivers won't use their meters.

Songtheaws are covered utes / pick ups with 2 bench seats in the back [hence the name that means two rows], they drive up and down the streets bigging / tooting their horn / hooter, if you want one to stop, you wave them down by patting your hand as if patting your hand on the head of a child [showing the palm is considered rude]. You tell the driver or their mate where you are going, and get in the back. There may be other passengers on board or they may pick up others on the way. Great way to meet folks. You ring the bell when you want to go out and then pay. We find it easier than the taxi.

gold coast australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: spas Bars and local Eats in Chaweng area

thanks I remember when we went to pattaya years ago I called them a Bar Bus much the same good to know the prices we will use them The Main road ( the long street) is called beach road ? there is a shop called Findig? also in Patong I think do u know rougly what part of the main road that is near

thanks

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: spas Bars and local Eats in Chaweng area

I'm sure there's findig on chaweng beach road and in central festival. Yes the main drag ( long road ) is chaweng beach road.

Bath bus and songtheaw are the same thing. In most part of Thailand these type of transport called songtheaw ( song mean two, Theaw mean row), but on Koh Samui the songtheaw fare are more expensive. In Pattaya you only pay 10 baht each whne you're traveling on its route. In Koh Samui the cheapest is 50-70 baht per person.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,807 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: spas Bars and local Eats in Chaweng area

There is a Findig between Central Festival and the Bondi Bar

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
103 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: spas Bars and local Eats in Chaweng area

I think you shouldn't worry about spa's, bar's or restaurants when you are in Chaweng..you have ample of them ...when you are walking on the Chaweng beach road...whichever place you feel welcoming or you like the ambience just walk in...they normally provide good service...the experience you have may not match with those of others...recommednded bar's on main Chaweng road may be Duke's, Islander, Tropical Murphys, Bondi, Legends and there are many more....Enjoy your vacation

Get answers to your questions about Chaweng