We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with private pools

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Hotels with private pools

Hi

My partner and i are looking to go to thailand may 10th-24th i am looking for some advice about any hotels with private pools either on chaweng beach or chaweng noi so i can relax in the sun without going to the beach alone if he fancied a lay in on some days

Any advice is very welcome

Thank you

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,825 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with private pools

Hi

The Centara Grand has them, but they don't get any sun.

The Samui Resotel has them right on the beach.

A couple of the older hotels like the Chaweng Resort have them, but you won't get a lot of sun around the pool.

You may find it too hot to relax in the sun, and find that the shade of a tree is nicer. Otherwise, as most hotels are on the beach, you are just a stroll away from the room.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with private pools

I agree, if your criteria is to just be able to lie on a beach chair while your husband sleeps in, I'd just get a hotel with a good beach frontage and get a room that is close to the beach.

You'll find many of the private pool rooms at hotels don't get a lot of sun in the mornings as they often have high fences surrounding them for privacy.

I often go down to the beach by myself around 8-9am and lie on a beach chair as my husband tends to prefer to lie around in bed, there's no issues with this. It's my favourite time to be down by the beach, as there's usually not many people there and the beach vendors haven't started for the day, so it's nice and peaceful.

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with private pools

Hi

Depends on your budget, there are a few resorts that have private plung pool room to choose from. I do agree with both above I would go with nice resort with the room closer to beach. Don't worry about security most resorts have guards ( could be in guard uniforms or just the hotel own uniform) watch over the guests.

We stayed in private pool Centara grand the room does give you privacy however you are surrrounded by walls. The plunge pool is quite good size, the down side is the all of these room types have big frangipani tress over thr pool. You will get not much sun and the water is very cold.

The Samui resotel ocean pool room is in the sunligh, you may want to check it out.

Anantara lawana, Briza resort in north chaweng all have private pool.

In chawrng Noi beach I think the New star village might have ( not 100% sure ) pool room.

Good luck

Melbourne
Level Contributor
76 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with private pools

Bantara (bohput beach) has beautiful villas with individual plunge pools; outsude loungers & outdoor shower & bath area. Ours had beautiful sun.

sydney
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with private pools

Do you have a big budget? 5 star Sala Samui.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,301 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with private pools

Taking into account the shortcomings of rooms with private pools why not plunge (sorry) for a hotel with rooms with direct pool access, then you can leave hubby inside while you go out to your terrace with direct pool access into the hotel pool?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,825 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels with private pools

Unlike Phuket, pool access rooms are pretty limited on Samui. Those which do have it, like the Samui Resortotel are at the back of the resort and won't get as much sun.

A beach front hotel might be an option. Some of the older hotels like Kings Garden or Long Beach Lodge don't have pools, but have bungalows right by and overlooking the beach, with your own private space.

Canberra
Level Contributor
591 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels with private pools

What is your budget? You can rent a 1-bedroom private pool villa for about the same price as a resort, or less.

9. Re: Hotels with private pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2017, 12:16