We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Comparisons Central Chaweng

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Comparisons Central Chaweng

Hi, we are a 30 yr old couple, looking for a central hotel with large pool, access to a nice beach with sunbeds and clean modern facilities with budget of $200AUD per night. We have been looking at OZO, Iyara and Baan Chaweng Beach Resort - is it worth paying the extra for OZO? Any other hotels that people can highly recommend?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
585 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Comparisons Central Chaweng

Check out Banana Fan sea resort

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Comparisons Central Chaweng

Hi

Large pool, huge ground and good locations check out Centara grand beach resort.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,825 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Comparisons Central Chaweng

Hi

Lyara is in the northern bit of Chaweng, and inside the protected area of Koh Matlang and the reef. Sea can be shallower and beach not so wide. It would take around 10mins to walk south to Baan Chaweng. This is a good choice if you were travelling when the sea along Chaweng is dangerous and rough from around October to March, as it is sheltered

Baan Chaweng is older and undergoing renovations soon I believe, and right opposite the Central Festival Mall. It is a generally busier area on the beach, but the beach is nice

Ozo is in a about 10mins walk south from Baan Chaweng. Nice location, newish hotel

Banana Sea fan is 5-10min walk south of the Ozo. Fits all the other criteria.

Centara Grand is another 5-10min walk south of Banana Sea fan. Agree on the Centara Grand, as it does fit the criteria and if you book early via the hotel website, you will get a very good discount!

Edited: 23 April 2016, 18:21
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Comparisons Central Chaweng

A colleague of mine recently returned from OZO and raves about it. I've booked into BFSR. I and my colleague are also early 30s. I think for clean and modern maybe the OZO is a good bet as it is so new and it appears to be very sleek.

5. Re: Hotel Comparisons Central Chaweng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2017, 12:17