We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sareeraya Villas and Suites...

London
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sareeraya Villas and Suites...

Hi,

Travelling in July for 9 nights from the UK.

I had my eye on the Sareeraya with the swim up pool room - just checked its sold out. To be honest, I found it quite expensive for what it is, other hotels look more attractive, but based on reviews it seemed good.

Any other reccomendations? Looking for a beach hotel, good walking distance to restaurants etc...Either chaweng or Bo Phut.

Ideally, an "upgraded" room choice with a good view...some kind of flash room would be beneficial I guess...

Cheers!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sareeraya Villas and Suites...

There are restaurants all along the main road in Chaweng as well as tourist shops. There is also a Thai market full of foodstalls on the south west side of the big lake if you want cheap but good Thai food instead of touristy food or foreign stuff. Everything is walkable unless you fancy going to another beach such as Lamai or Boh Phut in which case there are songtaows which cost 100 baht each person. Going south to Lamai ( sea on left side ) or going north to Boh Phut ( sea on right side).

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sareeraya Villas and Suites...

Hi

That one of year is high season in Koh Samui and all east coast islands due to great weather. Hence the hotel are more expensive. But is not as expensive as peak season which in December - January.

Hadd a look at Anantara Lawana, this resort is not far from Sareeraya.

You will find restaurants and bars both on beach and Chaweng beach road. Chaweng beach have better quality beach than Bophut beach. Bophut beach is swim able however it let down by gritty sand and some part water can be slimy.

Also check out on Cheong mon beach, Sala Samui and Royal Maung Samui resort may suit. Again you will find bars and restaurants

Both on beach and on main road.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,825 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sareeraya Villas and Suites...

Amari has just opened and might have some deals, and in same area as Sareeraya.

Otherwise there are loads of hotels along the beach road, Chaweng then you have the rother beaches. I am with Pea, Bophut is nice to visit but not stay, gritty beach, slimy seabed and smelly sand!!

So, what is your actual budget per night . . . thats a starter!!!

The new hotels tend to have the 'flashier' or gucci style rooms, and their prices end to reflect this or be in more remote location, but if you are prepared to compromise on some of your criteria you can get some cracking

We stay in an old style hotel, no pool, not beach bar, nice restaurant, no flashy sinks and bathrooms and lighting, no dvd or mp3 connections, but the bed is comfty, the shower is hot, the toilet works and we have a huge veranda overlooking the beach with our own sunbeds . . . . . . . . .

4. Re: Sareeraya Villas and Suites...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2017, 12:17