We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

germania

manchester
Level Contributor
80 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
germania

does anybody know - can you choose your airplane seats with germania olympic holidays`

still waiting for first choice to confirm this . we have booked to sit together going out. we do our own thing coming home . ha ha sometimes 2 weeks together is too much and i need a break .

just kidding . thanks guys

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,000 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: germania

The short answer is I'm not sure, but I don't think you can. Last year they didn't offer on-line check-in, and the 2 often go together.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
124 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: germania

I do not believe they will offer online check in again this year. If you get to the airport at a sensible time before departure, you shouldn't have too many problems.

manchester
Level Contributor
80 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: germania

Thanks for answers you are all much quicker than the travel agent no surprise there then

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: germania

We flew Germania last July from Manchester to Skiathos with Olympic, they sent an email with the link to book our seats. If you do book seats take the confirmation with you as we were told we had only booked one, you can book around 45 days before you fly. I did think that Germania only flew for Olympic holidays, good flight and came straight home last year.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Southport, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: germania

Forgot to say we book direct with Olympic so it may be different than booking through travel agent.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,000 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: germania

Thanks for the update Essy, looks like I was wrong.

You are right about the MAN flights being all Olympic, though I believe there were Germania flights from Gatwick to different places operated by Sunvil as well.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
722 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: germania

Booked with Germania for September and already have my seats booked both ways. This is their Holiday Extras link. Hope that helps.

http://flyextras.com/

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,000 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: germania

Chris, I think that's only for the Gatwick flights.

BTW, did you book flight only? If you did, I'm sure there are lots of people who would be interested in the cost.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
722 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: germania

Yes this is 'Flight only' Steve. From Gatwick, as you point out. I paid £340 for the flight but this INCLUDES all luggage, and their hand luggage is 6kg (not 5kg). It also includes in-flight meals. The only 'extras' were seats at £8 each, each way. Used them for the first time last September. Excellent airline.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,000 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: germania

Yes, I used them from MAN last year and am doing so again this year. Different set-up at MAN, no free food, and as far as I know, no flight only either - I think only possible to book via a package with Olympic.

I'm sure your post will be of interest to the (apparently many) people looking in the south looking for independent holidays

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town