We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis fares(again)

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis fares(again)

i'm arriving on the 29th of August and i'm staying at the Oasis Apartments/Hotel Skiathos town. approx how much should a taxi from the airport cost. on google earth it measures about 0.75 miles. Also when is the best time to book the return taxi, straight away or a couple of days before departure?

Mentioned in this post
Skiathos Town
Skiathos Town
Skiathos, Greece
Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis fares(again)

I'd be tempted to walk it to the Oasis from the airport. By the time you've waited for a taxi, you could be drinking a cold one at the Oasis bar.

If you really need a taxi, then probably about €10, and be tempted to book a few days before for your return to be sure you are booked in.

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
110 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis fares(again)

just come back and we stayed at Oasis. Although it's not far, we shared a taxi on arrival with another couple. We were both charged 8 euros per couple, although not far I couldn't be bothered to walk with cases. On way back, speak to Mike/staff on morning you leave and he'll sort you a taxi or arrange a lift. Enjoy, sure you'll love it

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis fares(again)

thanks for the replies. was thinking of walking but are the pavements decent? don't want to ruin my new suitcase.

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
110 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis fares(again)

if yer suitcase is decent, don't bother as your suitcase will get some hammer. Unless you have a back pack suitcase mebbe

Leyburn, United...
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis fares(again)

Not really a good pavement , in fact the pavement disappears at times....and oasis is slightly off the road.

Best wait for a taxi...or arrive in a sweaty mess with a battered ,dusty suitcase.

Taxis seem quite frequent around arrival/ departure times. You will like Oasis......nice in shade on their hammocks.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis fares(again)

Well got back yesterday and boy i was glad i got a taxi(cost 7 euros). the pavement is rough concrete, narrow, overgrown and frequently blocked by parked vehicles. the only place you could pull a suitcase would be on the road where you would stand a real chance of being knocked down. it took me a while to get a taxi as some reps were hogging the front of the rank but it was worth it. Mike's wife kindly ran me back on the return run.

Edited: 06 September 2014, 23:11
7. Re: Taxis fares(again)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2015, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town