We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson transfer

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson transfer

I am contemplating returning to Fiscardo next year with Thomson and would be grateful if anybody can tell me if the transfer was by bus, or as in our case eighteen months ago a Taxi was used.

Mentioned in this post
Fiscardo
Fiscardo
Cephalonia, Greece
Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson transfer

Hi skip

I think the answer is, there's no definitive answer . . .

As you're probably aware Thomson only have a few properties in Fiscardo. The Emelisse is always a taxi transfer, Panorama apts and the couple of villas they do come with free car hire.

That leaves the Almyra and I've assumed that you're returning there? Although Thomson state it's a coach transfer it all depends on how many guests are travelling to the hotel on your flight and nobody will be able to tell you that until much nearer the time. It was always the same with the previous tour operators who sold the hotel.

If you are the only ones they will probably transfer by taxi, if there are others it'll be coach, all down to logistics and of course €€€

Mentioned in this post
Fiscardo
Fiscardo
Cephalonia, Greece
Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson transfer

Thank you for the quick response Fiscardofan, you assume correctly that we are considering a return to the Almyra. I think we will go with whatever Thomson provide rather pay the extra and end up in a cab anyway. Thanks again. Skip.

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson transfer

We use Thomson every time we go to Kefalonia and although every time it has started a bus transfer we have been given a taxi on several occasions. This seems to apply to most destinations, the plus side is you get to your accommodation faster than the bus.

Level Contributor
716 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson transfer

I arrived yesterday staying at Almyra and had a taxi transfer.

Bedford UK
Level Contributor
227 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson transfer

It all depends on whos going where. We had a coach transfer to Skala but 1/2 way there we dropped a couple off who were being taken on their resort by taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson transfer

Thanks for all your replies, we have decided to take whatever Thomson provide, coach or taxi,and enjoy the view. Thanks again.

7. Re: Thomson transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2017, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo