We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Cpt Dennis Apartments - Be Careful!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Cpt Dennis Apartments - Be Careful!

This property is advertised as Free Cancelation but this is simply not true. They claim that to cancel with 60 days notice, a full refund will be made. If you cancel after 60 days, then you forfeit 30%, which is fair enough. Only they conceal the fact that once you have booked, they will take 30% of your holiday cost from your card at any time after that and call it a deposit. We cancelled within the 60 day period advertised because we couldn’t get flights, and they took £283.44 from our card which they flatly refuse to refund. We pleaded for the monies return indicating that they had deliberately concealed this charge, and their response was that whilst cancelling is free, your 'deposit' as they refer to the money they have taken, is none refundable. They only mention the deposit in the open when your booking is confirmed which is of course too late, they’ve already got their hands on your holiday cash! Worse still, the dates we originally reserved and paid for are now fully booked so Cpt Dennis have been paid twice and still they won’t give us our money back. We have all documented evidence of this treachery available on request, and will happily forward to anyone concerned. Anyone else been caught?

Level Contributor
716 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Cpt Dennis Apartments - Be Careful!

Did you pay by credit card? You should be able to get a refund via your bank if you send them the paperwork?

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Cpt Dennis Apartments - Be Careful!

Hi Robert,

Who did you book through, was it direct or through a third party agent?

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Cpt Dennis Apartments - Be Careful!

If you booked through a site like booking.com then i suggest contacting them and see if they can get it sorted out for you

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Cpt Dennis Apartments - Be Careful!

Debit Card but Nationwide initially had refused to help stating; "Nationwide is not able to assist when the transaction has been processed correctly and the dispute is between the cardholder and the merchant." However, I have since put before them some of the brazen replies from Cpt Dennis when I have pleaded for a refund, and they have now reopened their investigation. Fingers crossed and thank you for your response!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Cpt Dennis Apartments - Be Careful!

Through Booking.com, who are looking into Cpt Dennis' behaviour.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Cpt Dennis Apartments - Be Careful!

As posted earlier, Booking.com are investigating.

wiltshire
Level Contributor
169 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Cpt Dennis Apartments - Be Careful!

If Nationwide and Booking.com don't or won't get anywhere, give whoever took your money 30 days notice of you going to the Small Claims Court. That usually gets a result but if not, put a claim in at Court, you can do it yourself and don't need a Solicitor. The process is a bit tortuous but you can get to a result in the end........I did with a claim in the EU Small Claims Court against a £100 million annual turnover company in Southern Ireland - the court sent the Bailiffs in to grab a load of computers to sell to settle my claim - the company then paid up pdq! Don't give up - it certainly appears that right is on your side.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Cpt Dennis Apartments - Be Careful!

Thank you for the advice and information, I'm going to proceed exactly as you suggest whilst awaiting other outcomes - I wasn't even aware that this was an option! Update soonest....

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
515 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Cpt Dennis Apartments - Be Careful!

If you don't get anywhere with Booking, have a look at the Martin Lewis website for information regarding 'charge back'. I am sure he gives details of a sample letter & I am also sure it covers debit card payments. May be worth a look.

Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Cpt Dennis Apartments - Be Careful!

Dear Mr. Dable and subsequent respondents.

As the property owner, please allow me to bring some items to light. This property has always had a 25%-30% deposit policy. Third party booking providers over the internet are aware of this and resell our product under these terms and conditions. The advertised as "Free Cancellation" component is NOT our product but belongs to the THIRD PARTY you made the booking with. We directed you to the third party to retrieve the money under the pretense of THEIR advertisement. WE DID NOT AND DO NOT conceal any charges as you mentioned, and you are constantly pushing the blame to CPT. Dennis Apartments rather than the THIRD PARTY YOU BOOKED WITH. To the third parties defense, the deposit policy and cancellation policy are there to be read prior to finalising your booking, but your to proud to admit it that you didn't pay attention, rather you prefer to make a song and dance of the situation.

Having said all this how about you go on record and admit that I personally pointed you towards the third party and how to approach them to get your money, which they have told me that they have refunded you.

Finally, to explain why the dates are not available is because the third party have paid you out and now own those dates. We are trying to work in with them to offer a package to registered members who are looking in the area around the same time.

So Mr. Dable, you have been reimbursed by the party you made the booking with because you may or may not have had a claim under the advertisement method they use (which we have nothing to do with), and there is no "looking into or Investigation" associated.

Dennis

Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo