We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Kusadasi to Sirince

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Kusadasi to Sirince

We will be on a cruise with a stop in Kusadasi in November. We have been to Ephesus at least 3 times and would like to have another experience. We enjoy traveling independently or in a small group. Can you recommend transportation to Sirince? Is there public transportation between the two cities?

8 replies to this topic
Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Kusadasi to Sirince

You can take a dolmus to Selcuk from the dolmus station and then one to Sirince.Off one onto the other no problem.Total of 16tl return,they run till late.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Kusadasi to Sirince

Thanks for such a prompt reply. I guess we will need local currency for the fare. Any other advice you can share as we plan this excursion.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Kusadasi to Sirince

If you stop off in Selcuk it would be nice to visit the Ephesus museum.It isnt very big but is very interesting.A lot of info on gladiators.Just had a thought as you are visiting in November the dolmus might not run as often.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Kusadasi to Sirince

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I am looking forward to having a wonderful day on our port stop in Kusidasi.

Branson, Missouri...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Kusadasi to Sirince

I am wanting to know how your experience of finding your own transportation to Sirince went. Thinking of doing the same thing in just over a week. If you're able to respond quickly, can you let me know what worked well... and any advice??

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,904 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Kusadasi to Sirince

I'm guessing the original poster may not be watching this thread now. The only problem they might have had would be finding, and walking to, the minibus stop in Kusadasi. Minibuses go every 20 minutes to Selcuk (Ephesus). They arrive in Selcuk "otogar" and the Şirince (SHEE-RIN-JAY) minibus departs there about twice an hour at this time of year.

It is best to pay in local currency (Turkish Lira), but they'll probably accept EUROS.

Selçuk town is well worth a visit in its own right - in my opinion, more so than the rather touristic Şirince.

Unfortunately, Selcuk Museum is closed this year, but the Basilica of St John is well worth a visit for the views alone. There's also an interesting new town museum (Kent Bellegi) near Urkmez Hotel and the PTT. Entry is free, so you won't feel too bad that everything is displayed in Turkish.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Kusadasi to Sirince

You are correct I have not been watching but I am glad that I checked it today. We will be returning to Kusadasi this fall and I will try again to visit Selcuk and or Sirince.

Tampa, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Kusadasi to Sirince

We are also looking for an alternate to visiting Ephesus as we have been there before.

Sirince seems like a good choice. We are traveling on the HAL Rotterdam leaving Venice

on October 24th. Are you per chance on the same cruise?

Reply to: Transportation from Kusadasi to Sirince
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sirince