We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best child-friendly hotel?

Toronto
Level Contributor
242 posts
13 reviews
Best child-friendly hotel?

Hello! We're looking at a trip to Roatan in November with our five year old. Any recommendations for a family-friendly place to stay? (As fun as Mom and Dad are, it's nice to have other kids around.) Had been looking at Mayan Princess or Infinity Bay or.... Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Best child-friendly hotel?

Mayan Princess or Infinity Bay would be good choices with children. Also, the little cluster of villa rentals on beach/ directly next to Infinity are popular with families.

It's called "West Bay Village". ( not to be confused with West End Village )

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,766 posts
91 reviews
2. Re: Best child-friendly hotel?

yes West Bay would be perfect for a 5yo. Beach, pool, and the world's calmest ocean. Honestly you will never find an ocean this calm any place else, so it would be great for the kid to get into the ocean and look at fish. Generally lots of kids on the beach any time I've been there.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Best child-friendly hotel?

I've got grown kids now, but we always vacationed with the kids when they were small. Our number one deal breaker, had to have, while on vacation, was a separate sleeping arrangement for the kids. No 2 double beds in a room crap for me; otherwise I would just rather stay home and hire a sitter, or go camping in a tent where it only costs me $20 a night. Don't know about Mayan princess, but IB should fit that bill. Plus you get a kitchen. Not that you want to cook mind you, but cereal, milk, PB & J, grilled cheese, juice boxes; whatever it takes. There are no true kids club oriented resorts on Roatan; so if I was taking a 5 year old, I would stay at Infinity.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Best child-friendly hotel?

If you want to know where I'd really go with a 5 year old; PM me.

Toronto
Level Contributor
242 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Best child-friendly hotel?

Thanks so much everyone! I will check out West Bay Village. And totally get the separate bedroom thing. Both IB and Mayan offer that.

6. Re: Best child-friendly hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 17:15