We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting a different resort

London, Canada
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Topic
Visiting a different resort

Thank you for all the help so far!

We have booked Infinity Bay on an AI plan for the end of January 2013. Our friends have booked Henry Morgan for roughly the same time. I realize the beach is public but the chairs etc might not be. Does anyone know if there would be a problem visiting each other on resort? Her husband will be doing a lot of diving and we would like to spend some time together on the beach. If not, we will just meet for lunch or supper etc.

Also, does anyone know if there is any kind of dress code for dinner at Infinity Bay? I see that they are opening a new restaurant there but I do not see any mention of a dress code.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting a different resort

You will be just a few minutes walk apart and you can visit each other freely. If anyone at either resort should question you, tell them the situation and that you will be spending time together at each of the locations. If anyone seems to have a problem with it, ask for the manager and they will OK it.

I'd be surprised if anyone even asks, as long as you are with a paying guest. The only exception might be on cruise ship times when people tend to test how free the resorts are about people using their chairs.

I suspect you'll find that the tendency will be toward staying around IB for the beach and pool and access to the close-by snorkeling.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting a different resort

dress code... hmmm... I guess it will depend a little on what type of chairs they have in the new restaurant. If they are fabric, it is considered rude to show up in a wet bathing suit. And nudity (and topless for women) is illegal on Honduran beachers. Otherwise, you should be fine.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting a different resort

LOL Thanks Idiotsabroad. I usually travel to Mexico and the ala cartes have dress codes, especially for men. IE Closed toe shoes and sometimes long pants. My husband would be more than happy to not have to pack that. :) Makes more room for bringing home rum or perhaps some items unique to the area.

As for topless....never going to happen anywhere for me!lol

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting a different resort

Speaking of important things... like rum... Flor de Cana is very good Nicaraguan rum and is available everywhere on the island... very good prices in the grocery stores in Coxen Hole... Many of us stop there on our way from the airport. I always advise having a specific grocery list made at home, as we are always particularly idiotic after flights.

Even with an AI arrangment, I'd want to stop to get premium eating and drinking items... for us, the island life doesn't actually start until we've made a really good blender full of pina coladas... snacks and things are much less expensive at the big stores than at local spots in West Bay - and shopping in an everyday grocery market in a country not our own is, for us, an entertainment.

I would be very surprised to find anyplace on the island with a "long pants" requirement for men. Pants of some sort... or at least a loin cloth... yes... if nothing else, to make the waiters feel safer when serving food that might spill...One of the more expensive restaurants on the island, Vintage Pearl, has you remove your shoes at the door to minimize dragging sand through the place... and this is a place that brags about their wine list!

And I kid about the topless... but you may see a few tourists - usually Italian or German - either sunbathing or walking topless on the beach. As this is considered quite offensive by Honduarans, and is - I think - illegal... I believe it should be avoided. Actually, being a big fat bald guy - even I don't go topless out of respect for the sensibilities of others...

Mentioned in this post
Coxen Hole
Coxen Hole
Roatan, Honduras
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,406 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting a different resort

Lovsthebeach ~ The AI options in Roatan are more accommodation with a meal plan than actual AI where everything is sorted for you.

It may be worth while being Infinity may have a new AI restaurant to toss them an email about dress code... then you can let us know the true skinny. :0)

The only possible dress code place I have ever heard of is Island Peal...something about no shoes.

Paya Bay must get around the nude is illegal line some how. :0)

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
London, Canada
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting a different resort

Hi

I used the contact form on the Infinity Bay site and it got kicked back from a guy that no longer works there. I did find an email address and gave it a shot. Will post answers when I get them. :)

London, Canada
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting a different resort

There is no dress code. Drinks including local beer and 5 house brand liquors. My friend can visit but no guarantee of a beach chair for her.

Perhaps I will stop off and pic up a bottle somewhere. :-)

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,406 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting a different resort

There is a deli/wine-ish shop (Mangiamo) in the West Bay Mall. If ya trot down the road next to the Thirsty Turtle you will find the mall on your left.

http://roatandeli.com/

Or you can hit one of the markets in Coxen Hole.

K then, no dress code.. I didn't think so but one has to check with the horses mouth for clarity. :0)

Mentioned in this post
Coxen Hole
Coxen Hole
Roatan, Honduras
9. Re: Visiting a different resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about West Bay