We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First-timers

New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
First-timers

Hi There

We are coming to Holetown in an Apartment at the end of January 2018 for 2 weeks. Please may I ask a few questions and any advice given will be gratefully received.

1. How much should we look to pay for a taxi from the airport to Holetown in Jan?

2. What is the weather generally like in Jan?

3. How much is a pint of beer on average?

4. In general, how do prices in the Supermarkets compare to the UK?

5. Any other advice you can give to a pair of 50 year old first timers.

Thank you all,

RH

19 replies to this topic
New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First-timers

Thank you very much for your great responses!

Kind regards

RH

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
495 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First-timers

Yeppers. Just the reaction we expect. Got our reaction to this time of the year many moons ago. Thanks for the input. Have been looking for an experienced day tour driver of the island. Any recommendations? This is ine area we do like to book up well ahead.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
14 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First-timers

Welcome to the beautiful island, January will be Hot, and much better than the UK, so even if you get a short rain period it will be the warm rain, which is refreshing. Holetown is where we stayed for our first visit, the beaches are beautiful and all the locals are very friendly. We stay now closer to the Gap as this is full of local bars and great value for money Hotels. Once you have done the Taxi trip you can experience the local buses to get you around they are very safe.

The beer prices depend on where you go, find a local bar to drink your Banks beer stick to the local beer it will be cheaper for you.

For you 50 yr olds, Have a day in Bridgetown, book a trip on Coolrunnings and spend a day at the Boatyard, after this just Chill and relax, remember to drink at least two rums a day and you will be fine..Enjoy

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First-timers

@ frozensunlovers - we recommend Sanjay Kini for a private tour

1. Re: Private tours

22 July 2017, 08:20

Sanjay Kini

Sanjay Kini, taxicabby on Trip Advisor , barbadosfun@gmail.com or call him on 246-262-1296.

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
495 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: First-timers

Thanks for the information. On the big dates Christmas and New Years we generally stick to the resort. As for the rest I have been catching heat from one of my Jamaican coworkers. KFC if much better in in the Caribbean than Canada. Have to hit there or he will beat me when I get back.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: First-timers

KYC! I would rather take the beating! Why not try Chefette. A local fast food chain which provides a much bigger selection than KYC. Chicken, burgers, pizza and Roti included.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: First-timers

The New Chefette location in Lancaster St James will open this week according to their info

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
495 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: First-timers

Thanks for the forward warnings! Expected the price jump so we are likely to stay back at the hotel for the crazy high priced days. Take advantage of the all inclusive option when needed and venture out when it is more reasonable.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: First-timers

Amazing info thx x

Reply to: First-timers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Holetown