We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas on the Beach where else

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Villas on the Beach where else

Staying at Villas on the beach week before Christmas. 12-16 to 12-23

Have two more days on island through 12/25 where should i stay? Looking for medium to high end resort. Will not have a car. Prefer area i can walk to restaurants and bars easily. First time in Holetown. First time Barbados.

6 replies to this topic
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,848 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villas on the Beach where else

You probably won't find anything for the two nights at Christmas for the 24th & 25th.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,561 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villas on the Beach where else

Mid to High end hotels in Holetown are Sandpiper Inn - Coral Reel Club and Colony Club --- all require More than a 2 night booking --- 3* hotel AI hotel -Discovery Bay --- (if you don;t like the food you could ignore and dine out) --- Don;t know if they would provide 2 nights only? --- Otherwise you will have to go somewhere else -- only places I can think of that might provide 2 nights only would be Hilton or Radisson Aquatica --- both on the outskirts of Bridgetown --- Not much in the way or restaurants other than Brown Sugar ---You will need to eat in hotel on 25th anyhow (most restaurants would be closed - Christmas is a very religious "family time" in Barbados

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,561 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villas on the Beach where else

I just checked the Fairmont Royal Pavillion on beautiful Alleynes Beach --- walking distance to Jujus and Santis beach bars and the excellent gourmet Lonestar restaurant -- I didn't see any mention that they required a 3 night minimum booking --- and as long as they don;t --- this is the ideal hotel for you --- high end resort and restaurants close by http://www.fairmont.com/barbados/

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villas on the Beach where else

Anyone know about Cobbler's Cove? Is a smaller boutique available on airbnb.

I like the looks of the Fairmont. is it worth $1800 a night? Just seems so overpriced especially for two peak days.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,561 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villas on the Beach where else

Cobblers Cove is near Speightstown --- it is a nice boutique hotel with an upscale restaurant Camelot (which is also on the re-discover program ( www.re-discover.com) ---

All hotels charge sky high prices over the holiday week --- so being able to find one that will accept a two night only booking is an achievement

Littlehampton...
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Villas on the Beach where else

Why not consider Leith Court Apartments situated on beautiful, quite stunning Worthing beach with good transport links ,close to good quality supermarkets, restaurants and bars.

Regards.

Reply to: Villas on the Beach where else
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Holetown